Two-finger right click: Is it just me or..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by miniguu, Nov 21, 2006.

1. miniguu macrumors regular

Awright, so I tried out the two-finger-tap-as-right-click on the MBP trackpad, but it really interferes with two finger scrolling, i.e. when I try to scroll, it thinks I'm right clicking. Or vice versa.

I'm guessing there's no fix for this? I loves me two finger scrolling though.

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

You might just have to learn different habits. I'm having no problems with it thinking I'm "right" clicking while I scroll. I guess my advice would to be to make sure you aren't tapping the track pad while trying to scroll. If it still has problems, maybe you have a defective track pad?

3. witness macrumors 6502

I've been using 2 finger right click on a couple of MacBooks/MacBook Pros and haven't had any problems. If you don't intend on clicking, try leaving your fingers on the pad instead of lifting them following a short scroll.

4. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

i have the same problem as you. i never use the tapping option because half the time it clicks on something that I never intended it to....it's just annoying IMO.

5. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

same here, I never use the tapping trackpad function. I wind up clicking on all sorts of stuff...

6. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I find the two-finger right click and two-finger scrolling to be fabulous. I am amazed that anyone finds it challenging or awkward, but obviously many do.

7. Mernak macrumors 6502

It would be hard if you have the 2taps=click, but I hate that since I always tap my fingers of the trackpad if I'm not doing anything else and always manage to click everything on the page. But I do love the 2-finger scroll/click, I even try to do it on my iBook and it takes awhile till I realize that I can't use it on this laptop.

8. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

It might help if you get in the habit of putting down one finger, start dragging, and then put the second one down. This would eleminate the problem.

BTW, this is my first Mac and the trackpad on this thing is far superior to any trackpad i have ever used. I plugged in my mouse the other day and I actually prefer the trackpad.

9. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

After 11 years or so of using laptops, I have never grown fond of tappable trackpads, and I really don't see what purpose they serve. The trackpad button is literally one slight movement of your thumb....

Mousing is so much better when you just use the trackpad button.