Two games I hope come out soon!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ericsthename, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ericsthename macrumors regular

Forza motorsport 2 and Colin Mcrae Dirt.

Forza was supposed to be out long ago, but has seen numerous delays - and MS isn't even giving an estimated release date better than "Q1 2007".

It's been awhile since PGR 3 came out, and I've beat it 3 times, working on platinum now.

Colin McRae Dirt I'm not too sure when it's due, but I've seen some AMAZING screens of this game, and I can't wait to scream around in this.

Anyone have any speculations/games that are eagerly awaited?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep it was meant to be packaged with the wireless racing stick but they delayed it so PGR3 was packaged instead.

On the brightside at least they arent rushing it and you can rest in confidence they aren't rushing an half arsed upgrade of the orignal forza.

Colin McRae is still set for a spring release.

-----

Personally I'm looking forward to The City of Metronome on the xbox 360 & PS3

Information is practically non existant on it - and it may have been cancelled, but its a game set in a world like the movies 'dark city' and 'the city of lost children', with puzzles set around music.

Looks fantastic and sparked my interest before the 360 even came out.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1807/Metronome-Teaser/

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I agree about Forza, can't wait for that one.

Bioshock looks amazing as well. I saw the trailer for it and was like 'Wow'

Should be goooooood.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Forza 2 is enough for me to buy a 360. I was very very impressed (and so was Road & Track) with the first, especially considering it was MS's first go at a driving sim.

City of Metronome sounds pretty interesting too.

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

There aren't a ton of games I can think of off hand that I am looking forward to in 2007, but the ones I want are big. For the 360: Guitar Hero II, I really can't wait for this, probably more so than any other game. Forza II, I never really played the first but I really like PGR3 and this just looks 10 times better. Obviously, Halo 3 is going to be huge. I'm not a big RPG fan so I'm unsure about BioShock and Mass Effect. I'm going to be getting Lost Planet once I finish with Viva Pinata (If that will ever happen, it is great) so I that will keep me busy for a while.

6. ericsthename thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I bought that racing wheel - its awesome. The quality is great and the force feedback is really fun, but right now there arn't any games to really take advantage of it. PGR3 is good fun with it, but it's the only game that really supports force feedback. I think they should allow you to send in your wheel's UPC code or something for a copy of forza - the wheel cost nearly $200!

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Except Forza is a real driving sim, versus PGR's arcade style.
    YEOUCH! :eek: Is there a wired one available?

8. ericsthename thread starter macrumors regular

the funny part is that the wheel isn't quite wireless. In fact there is no way to run it fully wireless. It has a phone cable between the pedals and the wheel, which can be then used as a "wireless" controller - but in order to get full functionality (aka force feedback) it needs to be plugged in to power. AND they didnt even pack the power adapter into the wheel's base. On top of the 360s massive powersupply, you then have another powersupply to deal with - albeit one similar in size to the slimline PS2's. But all in all, you don't have to worry about stringing a cable between the xbox and the wheel.