two games WII need to hear about/see...

Discussion in 'Games' started by sam10685, May 12, 2006.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

...Donkey Kong (not for VC) and a Moto GP motorcycle racer.

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Since it's Nintendo I am sure we will see a DK game sooner or later. The games that are going to make or break the Wii in terms of "success" and "winning" (making money, like the GCN did would be success and I am pretty sure the Wii will do that; selling the most systems wordwide, or even being #2 would be a win for Nintendo) are going to be the quirky/innovative 3rd party titles. Ninty fans are going to buy the system to get the classic franshises fron Nintendo, so wether or not they do a DK game doesn't matter much.

We need to see a NEW non-EA sports franchise that really uses the controller well. We need to see an adventure game that is engaging in it's story and simple game play (*cough*Firefighter arcade game from Sega*cough*). We need to see an epic RPG that has 35+ hour of game play and has features with the Wiimote that no one else can get (something like Lost Magics draw the runes system). We need a multiplayer RTS game that lets you use the Wiimote like a mouse cursor, and has a built in map editor.

DK or a motorcycle racing game will be cool, but aren't going to convince anyone to buy the system.

3. rob finch macrumors member

A Star Wars Jedi game is surely a must, if you can weild a lightsabre with the wiimote and use the nunchuck to force push or pull items/people, then they'll sell millions of copies based on that kind of premise.

I think the RPG's will flow free and easily (pun intended!) for the Wii, as this is a Japanese console and the Japanese players do love their RPG's.

I'd also love to see plenty of sports games come out, anything where you wield a bat/racket/cue/etc should translate well. Oh Lord, bless us with a cricket game!

Third party titles developed specifically for the Wii's unique controller are the order of the day. Nintendo themselves will produce their usual high quality games for their own hardware, that's a given, it's the other dev houses' contributions that will make a big difference.

4. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Leave it to the English to take something so advanced and so full of possibilty and use it for CRICKET. :p

5. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

That's one thing I'm surprised wii haven't seen yet; i mean, a lightsabre with the wiimote just seems so obvious. Anyway, i'm sure we'll get one eventually.

6. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

a light sabre/star wars game for the Wii is is like a-- well i don't know what it's like-- it's bound to happen is all. i also think Midway should put Mortal Kombat Armageddon on the wii.

7. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Peanut butter and chocolate?

8. rob finch macrumors member

:p Hey, if we can have baseball, we can have cricket!

As for Star Wars, I was stating the obvious, but wanted to put it in the thread in case it went further. Here is a hint from Lucas Arts devs that they are hearing the cry from the masses.

Fighter games should work very well, but would you want two Wiimotes and no nunchuck? Otherwise, I wonder if you would be a bit one handed?

9. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

THERE ya go... thank u...!

10. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

...also, Mario Kart. (and i hope Wii get Rockstar on-board to make us some games. they make some good stuff; Grand Theft Auto series, Midnight Club series...)

11. Moria macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure a DK game is being made. Check out www.revo-europe.com/forum, then go to Wii Discussion and in the sticky thread at the top there's a big list off all announced games with sources.

Edit: Or not, as they haven't reactivated their console forums after E3 yet...

12. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Mario Kart will hopefully be a big leap this time around. Mario Kart on the SNES was a whole new genre, brilliant game. Mario Kart 64 took that gameplay into the 3D world, and added some fun new features. Mario Kart: Double Dash was fun, and the assistant driver thing was fun... but didn't really add as much to the series as the other two did.

On handhelds, Mario Kart Advance pretty much just took Super Mario Kart portable, nothing to revolutionary there. Mario Kart DS, though, added internet play, and some really cool new weapons, as well as the missions mode, all of which are great features. Still, Super Mario Kart was like a +10 over anything else at the time. Mari oKart 64 was like a +5 over Super Mario Kart. Double Dash was kind of a +1 over 64, and Advanced and DS were maybe +1 and +3 respectively. Wii needs another +10.

Internet multiplayer... built in leagues/tournaments would be especially cool. Has to have some amazing new play mechanic, using the Wiimote, of coures (I'm thinking something with the weapon powerups... maybe using a different gesture will launch them in different ways, so each powerup has 2 or 3 distinct functions, which would be fun and add to the gameplay). Would like to see it be graphically amazing. It'll be a 2nd gen Wii game, so they should be able to really push waht the system can do. Mario Kart DD hardly pushed the GCN at all. It was bright and colorful looking, but nothing extraordinary. This one needs to SHINE like Super Mario Kart and Mario 64 did. If the Wii really has special physics hardware it needs to maximize it - not with the driving neccisarily, but with the launch shells, destructable environments, wind/water/sand on the course effecting the race.

Anyways, it's a huge series, and it needs to be a huge, must have, system making game this time around.