Two iPod Shuffles woes... what do you think?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wangchunggti337, Mar 15, 2007.

1. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2007
    Nummer Eins:

There is a local classified website at my campus. After browsing it I found someone with an 'unopened' iPod Shuffle (silver). They had gotten it as a present but decided that they didn't want it. I asked for pictures and got three different ones. In the pictures I noticed something peculiar, the shuffle was in the box vertically, not horizontally (it was turned 90 degrees of what it should be). Upon further investigation I realized that all pictures were taken with the box on it's back, so that the iPod was placed there and seemed to not be connected.

After asking, the seller said that the iPod had become 'dislodged' during shipping. I didn't believe this, knowing that the packaging is very secure. They maintain that it was never opened. They still want $55 for it and I'm worried there might be something fishy about this.

Nummer Zwei:

I also came across someone selling a first gen. Shuffle. Used on a PC, the owner says this iPod 'charges and syncs through iTunes', but 'won't play songs'. Apparently everything works, but it won't play when headphones are plugged in. They want less than $20 for it. Should I bite on this and see if it works through the Update Utility?
  2. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Jul 26, 2005
    Neither of those sound like a good idea.

You can check the Apple refurb store. They have new shuffles for $59 and old shuffles for $49.
  3. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY

Offer less than $20 and take that. You can use that utility from Apple and probably revive it. If not, it's a cheap 1GB thumb drive...