Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Macs and coffee.

Quad, Venti Flat White from Starbucks and my son's Titanium DVI 1.0 Ghz with 1GB ram, 1mb L3 cache and 100GB hard drive.

The LCD you see came from my old dead TiBook 400. It's STILL being useful! 14 year old screen!

image.jpg

EDIT: Should let it be known that my son's DVI died about 6 or so months later. I sent it off to another user here so he could scavenge it for parts. An attempt at baking the logicboard to resurrect it failed.

Last edited:
Reactions: macmee and 1042686

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I liked that apple shaped coffee cup avatar you used to have. What happened to that?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
The avatar was just too small to see any real details. I was unhappy with that.

ctmpkmlec4

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2014
Lyons, KS
Macs and coffee.

Quad, Venti Flat White from Starbucks and my son's Titanium DVI 1.0 Ghz with 1GB ram, 1mb L3 cache and 100GB hard drive.

The LCD you see came from my old dead TiBook 400. It's STILL being useful! 14 year old screen!
You just reminded me that I wanted a cup of coffee. To the Keurig!

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
LOL! I've got an entire album on Facebook devoted to Macs and coffee! #

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
My two favorite things.

TiBook + Salmon. Presentation isn't great, I know, but the ginger Thai marinade is fantastic.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 10.21.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 10.21.29 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 432
Last edited:

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
This should become the legion of Mac lovers and Coffee drinkers!

----------

I would definitely be a part of that...

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Not sure if my $5/month department swill belongs in the same league, but here it is(in an American Chemical Society mug, no less) in front of my G5.

IMG_1144.jpg

At least my coffee was made in a Bunn coffee maker. The company that makes Bunn Coffee Pots was founded by a member of the same family as Jacob Bunn, who was a founder of the Illinois Watch Company(and the person from who Illinois got the Bunn and Bunn Special name).

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Yeah it counts!

P. S. I have a coffee mug with the molecular formula for caffeine on it. Wife got it for me. #

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Yeah it counts!

P. S. I have a coffee mug with the molecular formula for caffeine on it. Wife got it for me. #

I need to get one of those :)

I'm working on the ACS Mug collection. Your first year of membership, they send you Hydrogen. The next year it's Helium, then Lithium, and so on. Some of the professors around the department have them up through Nickel or Copper.

I call it my $90 coffee cup, since I don't really see any benefit other than getting a coffee cup every year(it pays off every other year or so when I go to a National meeting, and save $150 on registration fees for the meeting).

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I need to get one of those :)

I'm working on the ACS Mug collection. Your first year of membership, they send you Hydrogen. The next year it's Helium, then Lithium, and so on. Some of the professors around the department have them up through Nickel or Copper.

I call it my $90 coffee cup, since I don't really see any benefit other than getting a coffee cup every year(it pays off every other year or so when I go to a National meeting, and save $150 on registration fees for the meeting).
My wife would be drooling. She's big on math and the periodic table of the elements and all that.

I just managed to get a B in Algebra in high school and that was putting everything I had into it. Math and I have a very hate-hate relationship.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Not sure if my $5/month department swill belongs in the same league, but here it is(in an American Chemical Society mug, no less) in front of my G5.

At least my coffee was made in a Bunn coffee maker. The company that makes Bunn Coffee Pots was founded by a member of the same family as Jacob Bunn, who was a founder of the Illinois Watch Company(and the person from who Illinois got the Bunn and Bunn Special name).
All those macs and he doesn't even have a proper mouse pad....

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
All those macs and he doesn't even have a proper mouse pad....

I picked one up the other day from surplus...it's even sort of Mac related since the computer brand it was advertising proudly proclaimed that they were tested with NextStep :)

There was a stack of them, and I stuck a few in the drawer for future use.

I actually haven't used a mousepad of any sort in years, but the brand new counters in our new office/lab are too shiny for an optical mouse to register correctly. The notebook was the best I could come up for a little while. It's better than a piece of paper or paper towel like some of the lab computers have :)

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 304

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
I picked one up the other day from surplus...it's even sort of Mac related since the computer brand it was advertising proudly proclaimed that they were tested with NextStep :)

There was a stack of them, and I stuck a few in the drawer for future use.

I actually haven't used a mousepad of any sort in years, but the brand new counters in our new office/lab are too shiny for an optical mouse to register correctly. The notebook was the best I could come up for a little while. It's better than a piece of paper or paper towel like some of the lab computers have :)
Aha, a fellow university surplus goer? That's where I got almost all of my macs.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
I don't use mouse pads :D I use either books for paper. I used to tape a sheet of paper to the table as a mousepad but lately I have been using white paper books that are useless for what they are supposed to be used for.

When they get dirty and start to rip apart I just replace it. With a mousepad I'd have to wash it and stuff...

LightBulbFun

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2013
London UK
Here are two of my favourite things My Macs and My Light Bulbs :cool: the Mac in the picture is my Dual 2Ghz 7,3 G5 and the Light Bulb is a December 1970 Atlas 1500W 240V incandescent light bulb (its the second biggest GLS bulb out there the biggest being 2Kw But I have yet to get one for my collection...) my favourite drink would be Hot chocolate :p my drink coaster is the top cover from a dead 80GB maxtor hard drive :p

Attachments

• IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 354

ctmpkmlec4

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2014
Lyons, KS
Here are two of my favourite things My Macs and My Light Bulbs :cool: the Mac in the picture is my Dual 2Ghz 7,3 G5 and the Light Bulb is a December 1970 Atlas 1500W 240V incandescent light bulb (its the second biggest GLS bulb out there the biggest being 2Kw But I have yet to get one for my collection...) my favourite drink would be Hot chocolate :p my drink coaster is the top cover from a dead 80GB maxtor hard drive :p
My late grandpa used to put small model airplanes into light bulbs that size.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Well, interesting!

I've been posting "Mac and Coffee" pics to my Facebook page since late 2009. Just never thought to mention it here.

So, here is this morning's Mac and Coffee…

As we are already off and running, post your two (or more) favorite things (assuming one of them is a Mac, or at least part of an Apple device).

Attachments

• 2015-03-16 08.01.42.jpg
    2015-03-16 08.01.42.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 370

LightBulbFun

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2013
London UK
Here is another Picture of one of my Lamps this time Lighting up a sawtooth on my desk :) the Lamp in question is a Philips Made osram branded 180W Low pressure sodium lamp used in motorway lighting in the UK (the M62 still has lots of these installed) the lamp in the pic had not fully warmed up (thats why its still red and not the monochromatic yellow LPS lamps have)

Attachments

• IMG_0029 1.JPG
    IMG_0029 1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 268

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Well, interesting!

I've been posting "Mac and Coffee" pics to my Facebook page since late 2009. Just never thought to mention it here.

So, here is this morning's Mac and Coffee…

As we are already off and running, post your two (or more) favorite things (assuming one of them is a Mac, or at least part of an Apple device).

Aright, with that prompt-

I've posted this before, but here's me giving a presentation on watches with a whole bunch spread out in front of my, and using my 15" DLSD for Powerpoint

IMG_4410.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.