Two Player RPG for PS2

Discussion in 'Games' started by NewbieNerd, Apr 13, 2006.

1. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

Sep 22, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey, I just got a PS2 the other week...(yeah, I always stay behind the curve, gaming-wise), and I'm interested in finding a cool two player RPG, preferably turn-based. My fiance is new to the gaming world, but I think she could enjoy an RPG like the Final Fantasy games where we could play together. I don't think any FF has done it since 6 ( US 3 ), right? Even a more action-type RPG wouldn't be bad. Kingdom Hearts seems really good, especially as she would enjoy the Disney characters, but I don't think it's two-player and she might not be ready to venture out on her own for that yet. We're playing through Shrek 2 together right now, and it is really a lot of fun playing with her, especially considering it's a game I wouldn't probably play on my own. Any ideas? Thanks!
  2. charmin macrumors member

Dec 25, 2005
    W. London
    That's Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 for anyone that doesn't want to click.

It's a good suggestion too, I live with a guy who'd never been interested in RPGs and had subsequently never played them. Played through that with him and now he's completed it like 5 times on his own. Very very vague D&D style rules, skill/equipment based levelling with not much emphasis on the stats. A few character classes.

I can think of NO 2-player RPGs in the FF vein. Star Ocean: Til the End of Time is always advertised as 2-player, but the only 2-player bit in it is a minigame which you have to go out of your way to unlock.

FF:Crystal Chronicles on the GC sounds like it could be what you're looking for, but I've never played it.
  3. phill1234 macrumors member

Feb 21, 2006
    Lord of the ring: Third age
    Its extremly challenging tough... might not be the starter rpg