Two question with Mac

Discussion in 'iPod' started by acidity, Oct 23, 2006.

1. acidity macrumors regular

As suggested at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=245151, I have one question with iTunes (or maybe its not its not supported by Mac):

Q) Is there anyway in Mac or iTunes, where I can enque songs in iTunes like I can do by rightclicking and selecting the option in Windows?

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

You want to do what?

3. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

As in making playlists? Or do you mean encode songs?

5. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Or do you want to play a song's encore (again and again).

(Whatever it is, I'm sure it can be done. :D )

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm not sure what you mean, but Party Shuffle would be my answer if you're trying to change the order of songs playing while the playlist is live.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yes, iTunes for Mac has all the features of the Windows version except it cannot convert .wma's to AAC (but they sound like crap when you do so it's no loss)

8. Xander91107 macrumors newbie

Got the same question

They mean:

Can you que songs on the fly. Meaning, start playing a song, then mark a song for 'play next'. Most PC media players have this feature. So far, I can't figure how to do this with anything on a Mac.

X

9. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I think the only way to do this in iTunes is to be using the Party Shuffle. Once that is started, you can go back to the library and right click on a song and select "play next in Party Shuffle".

That's all I can think of.

10. acidity thread starter macrumors regular

That was exactly what I meant. I guess you will have to add all songs to Library and then add it to party shuffle from there.

11. tsharpe macrumors newbie

It's true...

Yup, this is the ONE thing I don't like about iTunes.

If you've used Winamp on PC, then you might know about the shortcut keys
    that allow you to do basically anything you want with the press of some keys.

In winamp, to EN QUE (yes guys... this is a word, meaning to place a song after the current song in a playlist) a song, you just highlight the song and click press "Q" and then a little number in brackets comes up beside the song indicating it's place in line to be played. (it's place in the cue)

As far as I know, iTunes can't do anything like this, so you're going to have to add the songs you want to a "Party Playlist" and put them in an order you want.

Maybe they'll add this feature in future iTunes versions... we can only hope.
    it's really great if you're just sitting at your desk, actively changing and looking through your tunes.

TS