two questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iwantibook, Jan 26, 2004.

1. iwantibook macrumors newbie

Jan 23, 2004
    i am looking into the purchase of a used iMac 15" 700mhz off ebay i was wondering what would be a fair price to pay.... something in the range of 400-500 or 600-700

also i was wondering are there any free programs that allow ftp hosting on OS X or is it intergrated

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    I can't speak with any authority on pricing, but I would expect to pay more than that.

As for ftp hosting, all I did was check the ftp box in the sharing panel of system preferences, and I was able to ftp myself files from other computers, and take them off as well, I assume (never tried). Is that what you mean by hosting?
  3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    You will probably pay at least $1000 for a 15" flat panel iMac on eBay no matter what speed you get. Anything too much less than that and I'd be surprised.

For $700 you could probably get a low end eMac.
  4. latergator116 macrumors 68000

Sep 30, 2003
    Providence, RI
  5. iwantibook thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 23, 2004
    thanks for the info....
    the only problem is that i wont have enough money for a while because i was counting on more money for my b day so what s you say that prices will be by the end of the summer.....

i kno it is just a guess but what do you think and for that matter what do you think that rev. a 12 pb will go for