Two quick questions about iBook battery calibration

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Spanky Deluxe, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Apple's site on calibration says the following:

Now I have two questions. First of all, when it says "use your iBook por PowerBook" in the second part does it mean the iBook has to be used constantly, as in no sleeping so you can't use it for twenty minutes then sleep an hour and then carry on using it?
    Secondly, when it says "Connect the power adapter and leave it connected" does that mean that once its sleeping after the power drain you charge it up without turning it on and using it for the entire time.

I just want to clarify what I need to do because calibration is quite a hassle and I don't want to have to do it again anytime soon!!

Spanky

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You can both use the computer normally and sleep the machine throughout the entire process. Sleeping still uses some battery power and is an acceptable way of draining the battery. Similarly, it's fine to use the machine as it's being recharged. :)

3. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

I can't possible be a hassle, since you just have to use your computer as normal... :)

4. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Yeah but had it of been true that you have to use it without it sleeping and then not use it at all while charging it would have been a hassle, if I'd let it sleep I would have had to start the process over again. See what I mean? As it is its not a hassle at all.

5. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

I do. I really do. But it wouldn't make sense. At all.

My point excactly.