Two Safari Problems / Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MacKenzie999, Jun 29, 2003.

1. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

Hi everyone...

I have two problems with Safari , from 1.0 back to earlier versions.

First, when clicking on a link I often get either a blank page or a page where the type is blown up thousands of percent so that it is unreadable. There are often a number of errors noted in the location bar at the bottom of the frame.

Second, whenever I go to a new page, it asks me for permission to decrypt items from Autofill Keychain (usually it asks me twice). I have no idea what this means, but being a little bit privacy paranoid :eek: I deny this.

So...any helpful suggestions? I am a designer, not a tech guy, so please be gentle...

Also, what files should I delete if I need to do a clean install of Safari?

FYI Explorer works just fine, although I am really eager to be rid of it and use Safari as my main browser.

Also FYI, G4 / 466 / 1.25gb ram / OS 10.2.6

Thanks in advance!
    -Mike

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

The AutoFill keychain is probably activated any time you visit a page with forms. So even a simple search engine could trigger it.

Trashing the application should be sifficient, but you should also delete the preferences in:
    ~Library/Safari
    ~Libary/Preferences/com.apple.safari.plist

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

repair permissions first

keychain problems are almost always permissions related, i find. your keychain file becomes locked, so it doesn't save your settings. it's happened to me.

pnw

4. MacKenzie999 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

Thanks guys, Safari seems fine now, I'm just a couple of error-free days away from trashing my only M$ application...

5. Bob Dobbs macrumors regular

safari test

just wanted to see if i could post without crashing - as safari 1.o usually does