two-sided printing

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by steller, Oct 20, 2004.

1. steller macrumors member

I am a new mac user, and it works in my PC, which i tossed when i bought this mac. So does anyone know how to make a two-sided printing on safari? Also, how to print selection in safari? Thanks

2. Logik macrumors 6502a

um... i have an HP printer that does two sided printing (has a special setup that is swappable to flip the page when the printer sucks it back in)... but it's a driver in windows, you tell it "two sided" or "single sided" and it does the rest no matter what software you are using... not sure how it works on the mac but i'm thinking it would be something along those lines.. unless i'm missing something you'd have to tell it to print "page 1" and then reinsert the page and tell it to print "Page 2"... then start over with a new sheet for page 3 and so on..

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

At a minimum, you can tell it (or AFAIK any OS X app) to print all odd pages, then flip the stack and print all even pages.

Attached Files:

4. Logik macrumors 6502a

hrm.. odd.. i had never even thought of that.. good tip thanks

5. Col. Panic macrumors member

AFAIK true double-sided (Duplex) printing is a function of the printer not the software. But the print and flip method works just as well.

6. live4ever macrumors 6502a

Basically your duplex printer must have an OS X driver that supports this - it isn't Safari specific. You would choose this option in the 3rd combo box, and you could save it as a preset.

What is the model of your duplex printer?

7. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

Here's a hint to anyone considering the HP 9670 because of it's duplex capabilities...

It only works for 8.5" x 11" paper....even though the printer prints 13" x 19". Dound that out when the printer arrived..very disappointed.

8. Logik macrumors 6502a

on that note i have an HP 1250 deskjet or something or other.. it's about 2 years old now.. it's a POS.. does duplex printing but it's the biggest pain i have ever dealt with. worse than my old packard bell computer... i'm saving to buy a new printer because i'm getting sick of the issues with this thing.

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

Could you clarify? Are you trying to print a specific area of a window, or perhaps a specific block of text? You could copy and past the text, or you could so a screen grab (Shift-Command-4) and print that.

10. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I have a Xerox Phaser 8400DP printer. The "DP" stands for duplex. I love the printer. In the case of a PostScript printer, the PPD file tells the printer how to handle printer-specific functions. Back in the day, I did the rotate and reinsert dance to get duplex printing. It worked, but my Xerox is so-o-o much better.

11. Poeben macrumors 6502

Print Selection

There is a freeware app called, oddly enough, Print Selection. It lets you select text, images etc and print directly from the services panel of most apps.

Print Selection