Two things...RAM and Quicksilver

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by twomiracles, Mar 14, 2007.

1. twomiracles macrumors regular

First, some of you may remember that I posted about my drag and drop stopping working. Even after upgrading to a new 20" iMac, I still had the problem. I googled it and found some blame being placed on Quicksilver. I uninstalled Quicksilver and it hasn't happened since. So, if any of you have that problem, you might want to look to Quicksilver as the culprit (not saying it's definite, but it sure seems to have been the problem for me).

Second, I changed out the RAM a couple of days ago, upgrading from 2 512's to 2 1GB chips...wow, was that EASY! Thank you apple for making that such a simple task!

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

glad you got it worked out, but that is strange about the drag and drop. I've used it on both ppc and intel macs with no problem. And if it were me, I'd rather lose drag and drop than quicksilver!

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Amen to that. Thankfully this hasn't happened to me, but I couldn't work without Quicksilver! I feel like I have one hand tied behind my back when I'm on a Mac without Quicksilver..."You mean I actually have to open the Finder?"

4. twomiracles thread starter macrumors regular

I do digital design work and am frequently moving files from one folder to another, thus the need for finder. I also use Photoshop alot and like to be able to drag things from the finder window (especially when I want to open multiple things at a time) into Photoshop...so, I'd be pretty crippled without drag and drop. Plus, I really didn't use Quicksilver enough to get spoiled to it, I guess that's good news for me, huh?

5. Angrist macrumors 6502

You could always use something like Pathfinder or XFolders to replace the Finder. Then you'd not only have Quicksilver, but a MUCH more powerful file manager.

6. twomiracles thread starter macrumors regular

See, now THAT's why this place is great! I'll have to look into those, I didn't know there was anything else that would do this stuff for me...I still have the PC mindset and am accustomed to using Explorer and am using Finder the same way.

Thanks!