Two-year-old model sues for lost wages

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by eyelikeart, Dec 26, 2003.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

3. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Mader blamed the boy's injury on a green railing, which she said blends in with the landscaping. Mader said the railing should be painted a brighter color.

"This accident was preventable had the railings and safety measures been correct at this park, " Mader wrote in her claim.

hahahaha ... it's called parenting when you make sure your kid doesn't run around like a chicken with it's head cut off ... oh man ... the guys that saw this claim are probably FOCL just like i am right now ...

4. Mblazened macrumors regular

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i'm not surprised. she'll probably win, tho not much.

paul

6. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Paul - wouldn't be surprised if she got a nice settlement

probably easier to settle then fight it out for the people getting suede

7. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I don't know. More & more, I'm putting blame on parents for children's problems. I just cannot believe that parenting is the same today as it was 25-30 years ago.

I won't go into how kids are bred to believe they're victims in situations, rather than learning to be resilient & get thru them. :rolleyes:

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

9. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

The human condition man ... always find a scapegoat ... never take responsibility for yourself ... the term is "self-benefit-bias" (or something similar , i was reading about it for my Comm Studies Final)

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The poor kid. His acting career is ruined. Or at least behind schedule. He deserves life-long compensation, even if the city has to sell all its property, fire all city workers, and declare bankruptcy. ;)

I would like to believe that cases like this are the exception, not the rule, in our legal system and that the case will be thrown out. I hope the city doesn't settle out of court just to save the administrative costs of defending itself.

11. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I really hope the Judge presiding will throw this out and scold this lame brain mom to stop wasting the courts time and tax payers money.

12. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

It's really interesting, whatever it's called. I don't even quite know when the turning point was exactly, but it's like no one wants to take responsibility for their actions these days and is always looking for some excuse. It's pathetic. :rolleyes:

13. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i think it's horrendous that parents these days can get away with not looking after their kids properly. parenting is a dying art, which is scary, 'cause it ain't an art and it should not be disappearing. so many times i see kids running around in dangerous situations, i see kids eating fast food given to them by their parents...i mean, come on, are you that stupid to give your kids that sort of food when you're still pushing them around town!?!?! :rolleyes: it's child abuse, these poor kids, obese, stupid, no common sense, all because their parents can get away with being lazy and retarded.

sorry for the rant, but i'm sick of seeing kids being mistreated and it's becoming the right thing to do... punish the parents, they are the ones who are at fault in situations like this...

14. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Oh man ... you are so right

actually during a lecture a discussion broke out about how the media portrays impossible standards .. yada yada yada

some girl quoted and outrages statistic about girls with eating disorders because of the MEDIA ...

I stood up and without any inhibition ... said ... "The Media is a convenient scapegoat for people who can't take responsibility for their own actions. Shame on you if you think the media is to be blamed for all the worlds problems. you still have a conscience choice to try and achieve these standards and feel good about yourself... the media didn't tell you to stick your fingers down your throat"

made me so mad

15. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: This Kid Get My Vote for...

The 2 yr. old most likely to become a future Darwin Award winner.

Because these parents are raising the little bastard in a no consequences for your actions world. To do whatever you want because it's up to the world to protect your ass.

Basically no matter how many barriers and how much bubble wrap you place between this child and a messy death, this child will grown up trying to get around it.

And one day he'll win a spectacular award for his messy death.

16. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

What was the response to that? I'm interested to know.

17. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

admiration from my Prof. and T.A.

And "He's got a point" from most of the class.

18. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

While I have a total disrespect for how the media portrays things & turns them into frenzies, I still feel compelled to lay blame on the people who allow themselves to be so influenced. I'm begining to wonder if people even know how to think for themselves?

We, as a society, are so apt to jump on the "look at what happened to me" bandwagon, it's no wonder our children are seeing this behavior & mimicking it to the limit. Again, it goes to not claiming the blame & looking for somewhere else to lay it.

:rolleyes:

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree with you eyelikeart, it's really sad that this country has a victim mentality. No one wants to take responsibilty for their actions. Parents just don't seem to know how to act. All of this comes from one corner of our society.

20. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

The only thing the media is doing is exploiting the ignorance of the masses. But you here it all the time ... most people have seen it used in history yet they still fall "victim" to the exploitation.

With all the information we have ... people still fall for it, they deserve to be taken.

21. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Makes me think of George Carlin's theory on natural selection. There shouldn't be rules & laws to protect the dumb people; if they mess up, they deserve to die. :eek:

22. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So friggin stupid - I'll be curious to see what the outcome ends up being....:rolleyes:

D

23. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

an extreme perhaps ... but gets people thinking and questioning what the hell they are doing.

24. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

The parents of that boy deserve a damn bitch slap

25. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

It's a total extreme...rant really. I don't think anyone deservest to die, but it does illustrate how ignorance is grossly protected. I feel the best way a person can learn a lesson is to screw up...but that's just me. ;)