TypeStyler

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vouder17, Aug 27, 2004.

1. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Ok i have a friend and he has a few macs, but doesn't really know how to work everything and he says that he still prefers OS 9 to OS X!!! Well anyway he is in a business of printing shirts, posters, banners etc and he needs to be able to use Fonts creatively. He has an iMac G4 700mhz but rarely uses it cos this app TypeStyler doesn't work on OS X. Well i was wondering if you guys know any app that is good with fonts and works similar to TypeStyler(if you have any Prior Experience???)

Thanks
    DjVoTeZ

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Look what Google found.

3. drewdon macrumors newbie

Actually...

TypeStyer DOES work under classic mode in OS X ( I know, because I have it). The Typstyler website has been saying there will be an OS X version for about a year an a half now, so don't count on it happening anytime soon.

There is an issue though that needs be corrected in order for TypeStyler to work in Classic ( I assume your friend has version 3?)

Visit the link to the TypeStyler site I've provided and follow the directions. Your friend will need to download a new Shape Library and replace the current one he has installed. The program will then work perfectly in Classic.

Here's the link: http://www.typestyler.com/pages/help_TSX.html

Has your friend considered switching to Photoshop? TypeStyler provides text effects that are identical to Photoshop (but easier to use for a novice PhotoShop user.) Anyone who has experience with Photoshop can easily create all the effects that TypeStyler can do. Just a thought.

Good luck!

4. vouder17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Yeah he has thought about Photoshop, and he is seriously considering it. Well thanks alot or the info, i will fill him in on it tommorrow.

Thanks
    DjVoTeZ