Typical battery drainage when off?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by junkster, Jan 30, 2007.

1. junkster macrumors regular

I have a MB C2D. If the battery is fully charged and I don't use the MB for 2-3 days (turned off, not sleeping!), when I next use it I get a "20 minutes until battery is charged" indication The 20 varies quite a bit.

Is it normal to lose significant charge after 2-3 days of having the MB turned off? I know batteries do drain, but I always thought it would take weeks of being turned off to really matter.

2. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

I think that sounds about right.

Rechargeable batteries (like the one in your computer) self-discharge a lot quicker than disposables. I'm not sure, but it is around 3% a day. And, for Macs, the barrery recharge rate is fast for the first 80% of the capacity of the battery (~2 hrs?) and then slower for the last 20%. The amount of discharge for you is in that last 20%. So 20 mintues to recharge about 9% of your battery might be about right.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The next time you recalibrate your battery, keep an eye on the time and the percentage charge.

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I think it also depends on external factors like heat. When my room is cold my iBook loses it's charge quicker than if it's warm. (Like, winter/summer)