Typing Moment

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HckySo, Jul 19, 2006.

1. HckySo macrumors 6502

HckySo

So your typing along and all of a sudden you get a great feeling out of just typing really fast, it's so fun and you just want to keep typing, and you start banging on your keys really fast trying to make as much noise as you can while you type. It'a great.

Now am I crazy or has anyone else experienced this?

2. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

3. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

4. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Not so much recently but I was messing around with an old typwriter I found in the studio where I work and I LOVE the sound it makes. It makes me so happy! Sometime I go into the back room and hit the keys when I am feeling stressed. It works so well.

5. stunna macrumors member

Yes it happens to me sometimes.
    Like when i'm chatting and I know exactly what I want to type.

6. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    :eek:
    Perhaps you go with one hand when hard?

7. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I'm a firm believer in typing one-handed.

8. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

It is fun, and is really cool on my iBook. But, when I got my Powerbook it became even more fun because of the quiet keys!!! Even MORE fun at night typing on the backlit keyboard! :D

I can remember being impressed with my dad's typing abilities on his old electric typewriter at work. Now my daughter is equally impressed with my abilities, although at age 12 she's becoming quite the typist herself.

9. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

I don't think it ever happens to me. I type faster then my friends, but my brother is INSANELY fast. I'll be talking to him when hes on his laptop and he will look at me and have a conversation and he will be typeing at like 80WPM, WHILE looking at me and talking to me.

I'm a REALLY slow typer when I have to retype something that is on paper.

10. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

I type quickly.. I used to have to look at the keys.. but now I could tell you where each key is without looking.. I use a mix of touch typing and my own.. "proven".. method.. haha

11. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I type at 154 WPM, but I don't pound the keys.

12. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

It is a great feeling! :D

You feel like you're completely in the zone and nothing will stop you from typing. Interestingly, I also find I make less errors when I'm in the zone for some reason.

13. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Yeah, that happens to me all the time. I start typing and typing and typing and goin realy fast and i cnt contol it so i go Faster. Then I start bangi o the kaybord and go klacky clka clack tap tap.omgwtf too much fun and I cant stop! I propably type 250wpmsm. I am teh ubertyper!

14. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

Hmm.. I'm just the opposite. Since I don't have to think about what to say, I can devote my unused brain cycles towards typing :cool:

15. CompUser Guest

I am usually a pretty fast typer. I am faster than most my friends. I do not use the " home row'' meathod of typing. My mom stole my PB and ibook for reallly no reason. l woke up 10min before l had to leave for a Bone Scan on my back. ln 7 min I can be ready. We ended up being early. I have looked everywhere for the 2 comps. but I can not find them! To make that story relevant , I am stuck using a Wi-Fi sony clie. Writing using "Graffiti" and '' Decuma" is not fnn AT ALL! I WANT MY MACS BACK! :(