Typing problem after jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Finlandboy, Feb 24, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

I jailbroke my ipod touch and i'm in 1.1.3. I have just updated installer and now when ever i type anything on the keyboard it freezes. This includes typing in programs other than installer, its really annoying. The only thing i can do is force restart my ipod or it just stays frozen.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know who i can fix this

Thanx

2. macrumors member

yes, i ve had the same problem. If you upgrade with the official DEV team way, you will not be able to type without being frozen. I just downgraded again and used a different method.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

oh that sux, could you suggest a method for me to use

4. macrumors 6502a

I recommend using ZiPhone if you have an 8 GB. If you have an 16 or 32 GB, I recommend the Official 1.1.3 Upgrader under System via Installer.

snverhallen

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

kinda wish my touch was an 8gb..........:rolleyes:, but its 16 and i used the Official 1.1.3 Upgrader this time and i'm having the typing problem with it

6. macrumors 6502a

Thats really weird. I would wait until Zibri (ZiPhone developer) releases ZiTouch specifically for iPod touch's. It should come out in the next week or so... hope that helps :)

snverhallen

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

ok, i realized how to fix it, when it asks you to restore your ipod at the beginning of the install process, press no, and everything will work when it finishes installing