Typing program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Albini, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Albini macrumors newbie

Jan 2, 2004
    Hi, I´m learning to touch-type with this program: Master Key from Macmind Software. It´s not bad but I would like that program to support spanish characters . Do you know a Mac (for os x) typing tutor like that?

Thank you in advance.
  2. reggaebwoy macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2004
    Spanish characters

In general it is difficult to find a dedicated typing tutor for Spanish characters. I would recommend
    Mavis Beacon
    Jump Start Typing
    Ten Thumbs
    You can get general typing software for mac for as little as $10.00 from a software discounter but beware that many of these discount programs do not run in OS X. I found this little ditty on the web which may help you
    To get accents on the Mac, hold down the Option key, and while holding it down, type the letter e; then release those keys and type the letter that you want the accent to appear on:

á = Opt + e, then a
    é = Opt + e, then e
    í = Opt + e, then i
    ó = Opt + e, then o
    ú = Opt + e, then u

For the ñ, hold down the Option key while you type the n; release and type n again.

ñ = Opt + n, then n

To place the diaeresis over the u, hold down the Option key while pressing the u key; release and type u again.

ü = Opt + u, then u

The inverted punctuation marks are achieved as follows:

¡ = Opt + 1
    ¿ Opt + shift + ?

Good Luck. If you learn to type in English and follow these little tips you will be well on your way.