Tyson vs. Lewis?

Discussion in 'Community' started by clubmedia, Jun 7, 2002.

1. macrumors regular

2. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I seriously hope Tyson gets his head handed to him and decides to drop out of the ring permanently. He's a fool and not someone that people should look to as a role model for boxing....

3. macrumors 601

krossfyter

mike tyson is not mother teressa nor is he chales manson. his a boxer who is a type 2 manic depressive. however he shouldnt be excused for the wrong his done is society. however in the ring...the dude is a the toughest of them all. he doesn play by the rules like all the other prepie boy boxers do and he is real. mohammed ali was show. tyson is FOR REAL. tyson is the most entertaining boxer of all time...because he is so real about it. his kinda of like a cirucus act...a walking time bomb..you never know whats going to happen but you know something is going to happen. cant say that with all the other average normal boring boxers out there.
    If tyson is not on his medicene ....that lithium stuff they put him on....then he will win.... infact if he is not affected by that drug during fight time he is...UNSTOPABLE.

did you know that hemingway had the same mental sickness as tyson.

4. macrumors 601

krossfyter

if lennox lasts more tha 5 rounds with tyson....his chances of winning just shot through the roof.

if lennox fights like he usually does...cautious....then he will loose with tyson.
    one punch by tyson and it will be all over. lennox has to not be so defenesive and take control of the offensive if he wants to win. because the minute tyson sees lennox has being cautious...(his usual fighting style) tyson will jack him up. Tysons got the best punch in the history of boxing. he may not be a moral person....but he sure as hell can hit.

5. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I guess I have too problems with the fight, 1, I don't really care for boxing, not my bag, baby. and 2nd, Tyson is an excon, psychopathic fool who managed to blow through almost half a billion dollars in winnings. Sorry, no respect for me.

He needs this fight and the money it will get him - win or lose - to help get him out of his money problems, its amazing.....

6. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've completely lost all respect for Tyson. He's turned into such a friggin' nutball ever since he got out of jail. The Holyfield fight was freaky enough...

I hope he gets his @ss handed to him... :eek: :cool:

7. thread starter macrumors regular

i don't know who is gonna win. liking or disliking the individual is just a part of the game. i know i would definately want to keep tyson at least at an arms reach. i think lewis could take him though. he fights smart. but then again... smarts can't stop a right hand with the force of a train.

8. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Well Tyson is honestly dumb as a stump...sorry..but it's true. It's such a shame to see someone with the potential to have been the greatest fighter to ever walk the earth have it all go down the drain because he cannot control himself...:rolleyes:

9. macrumors 68030

britboy

I have no real interest in boxing (if two guys want to punch the living daylights out of each other, do it behing the pub...), but because he's british, i'll nominate Lewis :D

As much as i know, and care to know, about Tyson is that he used to be the champion, got jailed for rape, bit of Holyfield's ear, and is a nut-case. He should be banned from partaking in public sports.

Oh yes, and he speaks like a girl :D

10. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

yes and everyone knows that, but you can't exactly tell him to his face, now can you?

11. macrumors 68030

britboy

Unless he's behind bars at the time ;)

12. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

sure, you'd be safe for a while, but you know he somehow manage to find you and *explain* what he thinks about your telling him he talks like a girl...

13. thread starter macrumors regular

is it being as talked up in england as it is over here?

14. macrumors 68030

mischief

Here's an idea:

It's too bad the dogs were put down but here's a little Draconian justice for you:

Lets put those 2 Presa Canario Pitbulls in a cage with Tyson. We'll give him some chaps........ so he has a chance.:D

Hey, they have the same uncorrectable impulse-control problem (prey drive).

:eek: ;) :rolleyes:

15. macrumors 601

krossfyter

the reason he has trouble controlling hims self is because he is a bi polar manic depresive.

only 2 million people in america have that problems and ONLY 5 other people out of that 2 million are like tyson in america.... where one side is a violent depressive and the other side is genious....(more energy then normal people to get the job done with). people who climb to the top of the busisness world do it easily if there are bipolar and especially easy if they are a type 2.

while i whole heartedly do not agree with his views on woman or certain things...etc. etc. i AWKNOLEDGE the fact that he is one of the best fighters in the ring because of his mental disorder. if he did not have a mental disorder he would be just NORMAL boxer...like LENNOX ....and would not be the fighter he is or was. they have to put him on lithium so he can control himself....outside of the ring. but while he is going to fight they try and take him off...so he can ROCK AND ROLL. most all the losses his had is the result of the uncertainty of regualting him with lithium as well it resulted in his violent patheteic behavior. this uncertainty with regualting his mood with lithuim or what not is very dangerous.... becuase you dont know whats going to happen at times. if he was off the drug he would probably KILL HIMSELF.... Hemingway did... he shot himself. Hemingway had the same disorder. So as a result of taking the drug he has a dynamic polar personality...one minute nice and quiet the next agressive and upset.
    Its for this reason ....this disorder that he has... is why he is such an IMPRESSIVE BOXER. In my book..... TYSON without lithium in his system in the ring is UNSTOPABLE...with lithuim he has lost his drive and becomes a beatable boxer. Lennox doesnt stand a freking chance against him if he (tyson) does not have any lithuim in his system. Lennox is just an average heavyweight boxer who is to CAUTIOUS to be exiting and original.

I dont really care who wins...i just know that if TYSON is in his game .....

ITS OVER LENNOX.

16. macrumors 601

krossfyter

i hear britian doesnt respect lennox as they used to. whats the story on this? it seems they dog him as much as people in america dig tyson. i could be wrong.

17. macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: Tyson vs. Lewis?

that little audio excpert that you linked missed one dynamic part....

at the end right after tyson says "i want to eat his children" he says ...

"Praise be to Allah"...

now that cracked me up man. really. all that he said cracked me up in the first place...and then he goes and menions Allah... as if Allah would aprove of him eating children. ....CRACKED ME THE HELL UP. :D :D :D :D

regardless if you like tyson or not....

he is certianly the most INTERESTING Charachter to be in the ring....more entertaining then Sonny and Mohamed Alli.

18. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

As someone who has personal ties to the mental health community (mother, girlfriend) I have a very hard time with Tyson's behavior.

There is already enough stigma attached to mental disorders that we don't need a pit bull of a boxer making things worse. The stereotypical "madman" only solidifies the image society has of someone with a mental illness.

If Tyson seriously has bi-polar disorder, he should be getting help and not boxing. Messing with his lithium for the sake of making him a better boxer (more violent) is negligent and his trainers should be banned from the sport if they are doing that.

19. macrumors 601

krossfyter

he is getting help...now. his CERTIFIED doctor has him on the stuff. as far as taking his boxing (trade) privliges away from him because of his disorder....that opens a whole new can of worms....right?

20. macrumors 601

krossfyter

21. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I said his doctors should be banned from the sport, not him. But you also have to take into consideration that if he needs to be off lithium to be competitive, he's not making the best choice for his health.

It's a question of money or mental health. Yes, he's entertaining to watch...sort of a morbid fascination to see what he's going to do next. But if it's at the cost of his life as a normal person, then people aren't looking out for him.

22. Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

ive always been lewis fan. and this matchup is amazing. the madman versus the intellectual.

should prove to be very interesting.

my money is on lewis but thats just because tyson is a nut job who doesnt deserve to live in civilized society.

23. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

you think he's smart enough to remember what was said? i mean, come on.

a couple or 10 too many punches to the noggin

24. macrumors 601

krossfyter

okay...understood. but he is getting help. thats what they wanted him to do if he was to remain boxing. im not sure if you can ban the doctors...when they are not in the sport. im not sure how that works but i would like for you to elaborate on that perspective and law if possible.

25. macrumors 601

krossfyter

if tyson is not allowed to live in cvilized society then all the oter bipolars are not either....seems unreasonable. he did his time. if he screws up with the law again then lock him up. im sure he will do his time again. lennox is not that intelligent....i beleive. he cant even be consistant. if lennox is intelligent (compared to mike he is though...ill give you that).... then tyson is a genious... because thats what he is classified as because of his disorder... a genious in a cerain area.... screwed up in the rest.

but yes an interesting fight.