U.S.A. Presidential Election Predictions 2004

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LeeTom, Aug 25, 2004.

1. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

OK United Statesmen & women, we are now just 10 weeks away from what is arguably one of the most important presidential elections for our country. It's time to make your predictions about who will win this election, and by how much!

Put the name of who you think the winner will be, and then how many points (%) you think they will be ahead of the loser in the POPULAR vote.

(Forget the electoral vote, for easiness sake. If you feel we may have another 2000, feel free to put the winner, and put -1%, just to be clear.)

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTS TO A MINIMUM in this thread, edit your own post if you want to change it, and then maybe we can lock it on October 1 and see who wins!

I'll start it off!

2. LeeTom thread starter macrumors 68000

LeeTom

3. macsrus macrumors 6502

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

We still have elections?!

Well in that case...Bush wins electoral votes, loses popular vote. Again.

Then I move to Canada.

I do hope I am wrong...it will be close, but something will happen shortly before the Election that gives Bush the edge...

7. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Kerry +2%

Its gonna be close no matter what happens.

8. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

Ditto, except for the Canada part.

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

aww...Canada was my favorite part of my post...

fwiw, I am planning on moving to Canada anyway...so it is more "yay, canada" than "boo, USA"...just so ya know...

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

You even agree with the part where he says he hopes he's wrong (that is, he hopes kerry wins)? Wow, you really are changing Leo. :D ;)

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

either

a) iran has a nuclear "incident" shortly before the election, bush by 12%, or
    b) elections postponed

12. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

I think Kerry will win, and by a 10% landslide. Bush will attempt to delay the elections due to "terrorism threats" or somehow have to again recount votes in Florida, where his brother Jeb is coincidentially the Governer.

Then, my biggest fear/horrible gut feeling: Kerry will be assassinated during office just like JFK; he'll be the second JFK to be assassinated. The pattern since 1840 is every 20 years on the year ending in 0 (such as 20, 40, 60, 80, 00) the president either dies or was assassinated.

The only exception right now is Bush, 2000. You could count Reagan in 1980 if you want, but he narrowly survived being shot. Unless Bush gets nailed soon, (not very likely) I fear it's gonna be Kerry.

13. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Goddamn zim...don't worry, once I get settled in Vancouver...I'll send for you...nothing like watching an empire implode in a comfortable chair w/ a nice chardonnay...

14. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

Yeah I hope he wins by a landslide and then maybe the DNC will clean up their act and get rid of the lieing, scheming, unethical, deadwood cluttering up their party. :p

15. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

hmmm... I thought we were all moving in with Skunk!

16. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

well, Vancouver's much closer, more aesthetically pleasing (prettier buildings, better teeth) and I believe Skunk's constant correction of my grammar/spelling would drive me slowly insane (I mean, more so...)

17. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

darn... I was looking forward to spending some time in Europe... but you have some good points ;)

18. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Well, if he wins by a landslide I don't think the DNC would have much impetus for change. But as far as lying, scheming, and unethical deadwood, I think that both sides have something to work on, but that the Republicans' platform itself relies on some questionable ethics.

Both parties could use reform. I think the Reps could use demolition first.

19. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That wouldn't happen to be a French chardonnay, would it?

20. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Republicans wouldn't be *so* bad if they could get rid of the religious nuts. Democrats big problem is sex. hmmmm....

21. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Yeah, I don't think sex is a problem just of democrats. We've had the sexual miscreants on both sides. And honestly, I don't care! It has nothing to do with national governance!

22. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Democrats seem to get more press for it, at least. I do think it is an issue. There is something to be said for controlling one's sexual urges. We aren't animals you know ;)

Actually my issue with Clinton was about power. He had no business having a sexual encounter with someone that young whom he had power over. What ever happened to having sex because one is horny? I know that is why it happens around here :D

23. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

lol, I suppose you make a point. Maybe what I meant was that considering the long list of political offenses and the limited time there is to prosecute them, in addition to the real and opportunity costs of such prosecution, is it really worth it to spend millions going after a guy for having an affair? Consider what extraordinary waste and what absolute wielding of the excesses of big government the impeachment was. So much could have been done for the public good during the public's time, but we had a witch hunt instead.

I just feel that Clinton's offenses, and other sexual promiscuity by politicians Democrat and Republican, pale with respect to harm to the public in comparison to the egregious offenses of our sitting president.

24. relimw macrumors 6502a

Course, we find out now that 42,000 New Yorkers were double registered to vote in a federal election (that is, they were registered in both NY and FL).

Hmm, if they did that in 2000, Bush really did win the popular vote.

Bush by 3%.