U.S. firms said to be named in withheld Bolton documents

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 1, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002

i'm really sick of the WH deciding that congress' access to information should be limited. clearly, there's a conflict of interest on the WH's part; it's bush's nominee, after all.

and according to the GOP-interpretation rule, when bush says bolton's opponents are playing politics, it of course means that bush is playing politics. so sad that the idea of putting forth the most qualified candidate is such a foreign concept.
  2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Those of us who remember Watergate and are thinking about it right now (what with Mark Felt's admission and all) have to be appalled at the difference in the news coverage between the 1970s and now. This "president" hides everything, manipulates the facts, lies with impunity...and unlike in the Watergate era, no MSM call him on it. In fact, they cower at the threat of having their White House passes pulled or their higher-ups called by the Oval Office.

So even if Bush obeys Congress and we find out the names of the people and/or companies, it'll be a blip on the media radar, just another in the long line of Bush villainy. It'll make news for a day or two, it'll get brought up by the MSM via some softball questions, there'll be the usual non-answers from the administration, the story will be soundly denounced by the Republican propaganda machine, and it'll be relegated to the internet grousers like the bloggers and us to stew over.

And if Bush doesn't obey Congress, well...same thing.
  3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    My guess is its big business names and contacts that fund both the democratic and republicans campaigns, Spilling these beans would be like telling on yourself and your opponet. Big Business runs these guys anyways.