U.S. Is Detaining Iranians Caught in Raids in Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by KingYaba, Dec 24, 2006.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/25/w...&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print :eek:

This is rather shocking to say the least.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If they were really there to fight I don't have a problem with the government arresting them but I think that this may be just more of an excuse to use for attacking Iran.

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

What's so shocking about it?

How many American subversives do you think bushco has planted in various countries around the world? Probably quite a few.

Anyone shocked by this is just looking for war.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Not really. They have a stake in this too. I don't like Iran, but I don't trust these jokers to deal with it either.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This should prove interesting, Bush could use this as another reason to take out those nuclear installations. Iran ignoring the U.N. on its Nuke program isnt very smart in my view. The old stick & carrot and these guys love the stick. I bet Saddam wishes he had done a few things different.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The UN resolution is entirely invalid. The Iranians are permitted to do what they are doing.

7. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Doesn't matter. I think that Bush wants to start another war (this time with Iran) because he doesn't have anything better to do during the last 2 years of his admin.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

And whats that? Build Nuclear weapons?

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

They are not building nuclear weapons. They claim to be enriching uranium, which they are entitled to do.

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Link

Emphasis mine.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

And thats why its secret, been secret for almost 20 years and why they have allready closed some installations that were spotted with no real explanation of what happened to these facilities. The world has to stop this proliferation or we are doomed because man is a nut,Fruitcake,crazy S.O.B. Again if this was a energy program it would be wide open to the inspectors, its not and why its underground and has been for two decades. Sitting on all that Oil gives them no reason to even consider nuclear power. Its a scam. They just fought a gigantic war with Iraq and Nukes would have ended it fast for them.

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

How about getting us out of Iraq? Or finishing in Afghanistan? Or getting Bin Laden? Or dealing with NK, who we know has nukes? Or...

Like I said, don't like Iran, but don't trust Bush to deal with them.