U.S. losing terror war because of Iraq, poll says

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 30, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

i thought the poll base and weighting was interesting, as is how the experts' opinions compare to the national poll. even with the time difference and intervening events taken into account, my gut says that doesn't account for the entire gap.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Of course not. But the official line will be that the experts' opinion doesn't matter, because they were polled before Zarqawi was killed.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Probably some version of 'well polls don't matter'. Of course, that will only last until the debate over gay marriage. Then it will be "but look, a majority of Americans support X". :rolleyes:

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Polls only matter to republicans when they support them, Bush should have kept his eye on extreme Islam and a guy named Bin Laden. Instead here we are in the middle of a civil war trying to slap democracy on top of a Islamic society bent on killing each other and any non Muslim. George and his Neocon policy from Cheney the draft dodger has caused this nation the loss of many good people and the loss of billions for........Not a G.D. thing. Oh but it gives a better reason for all the brainwashed jihad freaks to go try to kill someone in the name of another stupid religion. The fact that they took us to war knowing there wasnt the WMDs we were promised is treasonuos, reinserting lies into Powells U.N. speech was another example of what the administration of spin was willing to do to get us into Iraq,outing a CIA agent is another. Those are facts. Real christians dont Bomb the crap out of others first. George did, as if Saddam did 911 but that is what the adminstration was selling.

5. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Our country is quite young and it appears that we have not learned anything
    from history.

We are now fighting in a region that thinks in terms of hundreds and thousands of years.

This also holds true in Asia.

Following 9/11 the world supported our effort to bring a small handful of
    extremist criminals to justice.

Now thanks to the influence of religious extremism on our own part
    and deeply rooted corruption in our leadership, the United States is now
    viewed as the enemy of peace.

What began as an attack by a small band of criminals, has now become
    a holy war.

This is not any longer a war on terrorism, it has become a bloodbath
    between religious factions driven by lust for power and wealth.

This administration has now insured future attacks on our soil by a whole
    new generation of extremists who will never forget and never stop until
    we all come to our senses and prohibit the influence of any religious ideology in our governmental systems.

I fear it's too late.

The damage has already been done.

It may take a world wide catastrophy or some other major world event to bring us to our senses.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

US support was darn near 100% after 911, now 5 Years of George's screwed up policys has us near I would guess 10 or 20% and every country scrambling for weapon systems.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yeah, thanks to this and other things like it, pretty much everyone hates us. Including a small majority of our citizens it seems. Happy 4th of July everybody, thanks again Georgie-boy! :rolleyes: