U.S. Poverty Rate Was Up Last Year

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Aug 30, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Keep 'em dumb, poor and scared. The Bush mantra continues.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Glad to see I have finally become statistically significant. Yay!

I shudder to think of the next few years...

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

No one should be surprised that poor people fair better when democrats are in the White House and suffer when Republicans set policies.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

You mean to say that that wealth still hasn't trickled down yet? What a surprise... better cut some more taxes.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Wow, that article's a shocker. Who didn't see that coming? :rolleyes:

That said, most of these people that are part of the statistic are poor white trash who voted for bush in the first place. i have no sympathy for them

7. Desertrat macrumors newbie

This just can't be true! Since LBJ gave us the War on Poverty almost forty years ago, we've spent some three trillion or more dollars. There's no way we can't have already won this War...

Could it be there's some problem with the methodology?

'Rat

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

With every factory moving to China is it any wonder? when you send your manufactoring base to another country someone getting screwed, the poor and middle class. The rich Bush class are very happy with their portifolio's and stock options.

9. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Well, DHM, I see you haven't learned much from the last couple of years' worth of discussion about "out sourcing" and other economic matters...

:), 'Rat

10. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Why don't you explain again to the thick-headed among us (like me) just why the outsourcing of manufacturing jobs is a good thing? I'm sure I'll get it if you tell me one more time. We never really needed a middle class in the country anyway. :rolleyes:

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The logic in moving all the plants to china is cheap goods but if johnny doesnt have a job he cant buy those cheap goods. Meanwhile we are building China's Army & Navy with our $$$. What we are left with is Mcdonald type jobs here in the US??? Look at Apple computer for example, they are employing lots of Chineese building those Macs and then have low level retail jobs for the American worker. Multiply this a 100,000 times with all those other companies moving to China. So we are left with a few suites making big $$$ in the U.S. with Mega Bonus money while employing the latest 3rd world nation....... U.S. worker is shafted. The rich Bush class gets richer, the poor class is where they have been for centuries. What can we do when the rich business class are the ones with access to washington while that poor guy has none. The American worker isnt represented by anyone in our Govt only the rich lobbiest class gets this representation. Just ask any oil company or pharmacy giant. Did the oil companies really need more breaks in a record year? Everything our govt is doing is for these corporations not the American worker..

12. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

"Overthrowing the rich is not just in our best interests, it's a hell of a lot of fun!"
    -- Jello Biafra