U.S. Voters Back Roe v. Wade 2-1, Support Filibusters, Quinnipiac poll finds

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 26, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Well, polls consistently show that Americans hold liberal values in a lot of areas, including universal health care, progressive taxation, etc. So this doesn't really surprise me.

Unfortunately, of course, people continue to vote conservative. I've heard all kinds of explanations for this phenomenon, but they usually boil down to: (1) people re-elect the same guys because they like the pork barrel projects they bring home to their districts; and/or (2) lazy, gullible voters are easily swayed by right-wing propaganda.

Either way, it's maddening. I'll give the GOP this much: compared to their lie machine, even Herman Goering was a piker.
  3. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    I know a lot of people who are liberal leaning who don't vote. Most of them hate Bush, but they don't like the other guy either. Or people who are moderate socially, but believe the neo-conservative hype. Anti-terrorist, pro-God, pro-family. My Sister voted for Bush because Kerry is ugly and her Dad (she's my half Sister BTW) told her Bush would keep us safer. :rolleyes: I tried to talk to her about politics, but she didn't want to talk about it because she didn't want to think about it. Some people you just can't talk to.

I heard a lot of people use the term flip-flopper, but when pressed couldn't think of an example. I could, and I voted for the guy! But let's face it, how many of us voted for Kerry just because we didn't like Bush?