U.S. Withdraws a Team of Weapons Hunters From Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 8, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

we were all duped by the administration, Im glad Saddam is gone but going to war over a bunch of lies sucks. putting our guys lives on the line for what boils down to spreading democracy. I have become more and more dischanted with this President and his buddies.

3. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I called bull**** from day one. Now I'm the one who gets to say "I told you so," but it somehow feels hollow.

4. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

probably 'cuz everything is fubar

yeah, i would have loved to be wrong about bush.

5. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I hear you about the hollow feeling of victory on this one. However, I will be willing to pull an "I told you so" or two if it will help keep Bush from being re-elected.

Taft

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah but there will be plenty of "If <insert nominees name here> had his way, Saddam would still be in power today." shots from more that just Lieberman. Being against the war in Iraq will be played as being against America itself.

7. toontra macrumors 6502

Any candidate being accused in this way should point out that Iraq wasn't responsible for 9/11 - maybe if it's repeated often enough the truth will eventualy dawn on the US citizens.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

But a large percentage of Americans still think Iraq WAS involved in 9/11. And they are under the impression that we have already found WMD's as well.:rolleyes:

9. huntsman macrumors member

All the Australian Government politicians have adopted the same line, word for word.

Never mind that removing Saddam and "liberating" the Iraqi people was not the case put to the public when asked to support the killing and wounding of thousands of Iraqis, Americans, and other Coalition members.

Of course, our Howard has come out even less tainted than Bush or Blair. Not a single Australian serving in Iraq has died.