U2 iPod Delays

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by serpico, Nov 9, 2004.

1. serpico macrumors regular

serpico

Today I got an email from Apple stating my wife's U2 iPod has been unexpectedly delayed. It will ship on or before December 2, 2004. I ordered it for her the same day it was announced. I guess there was alot of demand for this model. It was supposed to ship yesterday and expedited 2 day shipping. It's my wife's first Apple product and it does suck being her right now. Oh well, can't do anything about it now.

Anyone else experiencing delays ?

2. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Apples notorious for missing those estimated ship dates... Once it arrives it'll be worth the wait though... Congrats...

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

That's too bad - I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the U2 album was just leaked at a photo shoot and it was only supposed to be on the iPod as an advance copy. ;) U2 is pissed about it, but hey, you had to see it coming...

As long as your wife receives it before Christmas I'm sure she'll be happy. Good luck!

4. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Apple is not putting ANY music on ANY iPods. There is NO U2 music on the U2 iPod. It comes with a coupon for 50 bucks of the digital box set that will be available on the iTMS near the end of Nov.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

im guessing that there was a quite of bit of demand for it, and apple is notorious for those delays on things like this, sorry to hear about it

if your date gets pushed back again be sure to call up and complain, and all that good stuff because then its just ridiculous

6. serpico thread starter macrumors regular

serpico

I was wondering if other u2 ipod users were waiting too. I contacted my local mac store and he is expecting them at the end of the month instead of mid November. But he does have the iPod Photo, which doesn't help me.... :rolleyes:

7. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Any european report about the U2 iPod/iPod Photo?
    I guess the delay will be longer here :( ...
    My iPod photo was expected 2 days ago but there is no sign about it.

8. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

Sorry to be beating a dead horse but this must be a Europe or ROTW (rest of the world) thing. It's still showing 1-2 weeks in the US store. Perhaps they've yet to update the apple store.

9. Jaz macrumors regular

Sorry to sound unsympathetic, but is anyone surprised that Apple announce a product and then have trouble shipping it?

The only items this year that shipped on time were Motion and the iMac G5. Everything else has seen delays or problems.

I hope your iPod turns up real soon, best of luck.

10. the future macrumors 6502a

Not true. The speed-bumped PowerBooks and iBooks were immediately available.

11. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

The apple online store quotes shipping times as 1-2 weeks as of today. Hopefully you will see it ship far sooner then Dec. 2.

12. serpico thread starter macrumors regular

serpico

No surprise of course about the delay, it's happened before with Apple. I'm surprised that the iPod Photo is available and not the U2 iPod which is cheaper here in Canada. But the weeks will pass and she will have her iPod eventually. Thanks for all the responses.