Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serpico

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Today I got an email from Apple stating my wife's U2 iPod has been unexpectedly delayed. It will ship on or before December 2, 2004. I ordered it for her the same day it was announced. I guess there was alot of demand for this model. It was supposed to ship yesterday and expedited 2 day shipping. It's my wife's first Apple product and it does suck being her right now. Oh well, can't do anything about it now.

Anyone else experiencing delays ?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
That's too bad - I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the U2 album was just leaked at a photo shoot and it was only supposed to be on the iPod as an advance copy. ;) U2 is pissed about it, but hey, you had to see it coming...

As long as your wife receives it before Christmas I'm sure she'll be happy. Good luck!

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
~Shard~ said:
That's too bad - I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the U2 album was just leaked at a photo shoot and it was only supposed to be on the iPod as an advance copy. ;) U2 is pissed about it, but hey, you had to see it coming...

As long as your wife receives it before Christmas I'm sure she'll be happy. Good luck!

Apple is not putting ANY music on ANY iPods. There is NO U2 music on the U2 iPod. It comes with a coupon for 50 bucks of the digital box set that will be available on the iTMS near the end of Nov.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
im guessing that there was a quite of bit of demand for it, and apple is notorious for those delays on things like this, sorry to hear about it

if your date gets pushed back again be sure to call up and complain, and all that good stuff because then its just ridiculous

serpico

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I was wondering if other u2 ipod users were waiting too. I contacted my local mac store and he is expecting them at the end of the month instead of mid November. But he does have the iPod Photo, which doesn't help me.... :rolleyes:

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Any european report about the U2 iPod/iPod Photo?
I guess the delay will be longer here :( ...
My iPod photo was expected 2 days ago but there is no sign about it.

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
serpico said:
Today I got an email from Apple stating my wife's U2 iPod has been unexpectedly delayed. It will ship on or before December 2, 2004. I ordered it for her the same day it was announced. I guess there was alot of demand for this model. It was supposed to ship yesterday and expedited 2 day shipping. It's my wife's first Apple product and it does suck being her right now. Oh well, can't do anything about it now.

Anyone else experiencing delays ?
Sorry to be beating a dead horse but this must be a Europe or ROTW (rest of the world) thing. It's still showing 1-2 weeks in the US store. Perhaps they've yet to update the apple store.

Jaz

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Sorry to sound unsympathetic, but is anyone surprised that Apple announce a product and then have trouble shipping it?

The only items this year that shipped on time were Motion and the iMac G5. Everything else has seen delays or problems.

I hope your iPod turns up real soon, best of luck.

serpico

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
Vancouver, BC
No surprise of course about the delay, it's happened before with Apple. I'm surprised that the iPod Photo is available and not the U2 iPod which is cheaper here in Canada. But the weeks will pass and she will have her iPod eventually. Thanks for all the responses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.