U2 'may release on itunes early'

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dobbin, Jul 25, 2004.

1. dobbin macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2002
    From BBC News:

"Rock Band U2 have said they may rush release their new album on Apple iTunes if music stolen from their studio appeared on the internet."

I think if it's ready, they may as well do it now anyway :D

On a side note, has anyone else noticed how the mainstream media always refers to the iTunes Music Store as simply iTunes?

iTunes has been around for years and is a great product in itself. I think its a shame this is lost in the hype around the music store.
  2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    Can't use the music store without using the product. As long as people download the software it's all good.
  3. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Apr 16, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    And this is why so many people have the misconception that all there is to iTunes is the music store. I've told people to get iTunes to manage their music, and they tell me they don't want to pay for it. I have to explain to them how the program is free and does a lot more than house the iTMS, and that buying music is entirely optional.

Anyways, I think it really sucks what happened to U2. However, putting the CD on iTunes is a really good way of handling this situation. People might be tempted by P2P if that was the only place to get the new CD, so giving them a legal way to get the CD (and make sure that U2 still gets paid) is a good idea.
  4. bluebull macrumors member

Jul 7, 2003
    I guess this is good for iTMS, but is the album finished or not? The article isn't very clear on that.