Ubisoft and Wii: 5 more titles?

Discussion in 'Games' started by DEXTERITY, Jun 15, 2006.

1. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

This would be big for us.. The more titles the merrier...

Ubisoft certainly seem to have fallen head over heels with Nintendo's next generation console. On a release list sent to retailers in America recently, five new games appeared on the list from them for Wii - all seemingly within the launch window (launch time and the following few months) too!

First up is Blazing Angels, a World War 2 air combat game previously thought to be only released on Xbox and Xbox 360. A version of racer Asphalt: Urban GT also appears to be coming, though it is listed simply as GT, while Monster Trucks is also listed to uphold the racing genre.

Moving onto things that could be considered bigger news, a version of Prince Of Persia has been pencilled in. Finally, Far Cry has also been put forward, which is sure to bring joy to the hearts of FPS gamers who are committed to buying a Wii everywhere.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5375

2. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Stupid Question Alert: When is the Wii actually out? Coz it's starting to look more and more attractive to me.

3. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Nintendo has not confirmed, though it is expected for the 4th quarter of this year :)

On topic. That is great news, loved Prince of Persia. Far Cry would be big for 'hardcore gamers'.

Seems like 3rd party developers are designing FPS for the Wii. I expect it will be a while before developers start to use there creative talents, in designing original games that take advantage of the Wii Remote.Well imo any way. Looks like Nintendo themselves are going to have to show the capabilities that the remote will bring to games.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

FARCRY!

thank you.

I've been playing the PC version but marred by my systems graphics card. 480p with that controller. I'd be happy. very happy. It's a fantastic game. I just hope it's not a port of any console version. though the 360 one is pretty fine so a 360 port wouldn't be that bad. Better still - an all new Farcry wouldn't go amiss.

I couldn't care less for the other games. At least for the moment. haven't enjoyed the others enough to get excited.

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

This is fantastic news. I hope this enthusiasm is maintained both by numerous developers and for the life of the Wii. I can't wait to try out a FPS with the Wiimote....

The combination of the Wii and the DSlite is going to take a large chunk of my income that up until a year ago I was managing to save :( but :cool:.

6. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

Well, when I had a PC my video card wasn't good enough for Far Cry. Then I switched to a Mac. But I've heard so many good things about that game that I'm very happy to see it on the list of Wii games.

7. jdechko macrumors 68040

I also imagine that if it's not completed soon, that Splinter Cell Double Agent (4) might also be brought to the Wii as well.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Not a big fan of Far Cry but cool none the less...POP is great

Bless

9. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Good God! It's the end of the world as we know it! :D

10. sk1985 macrumors regular

Far cry would work great with the wii. I hope they update they game so you can claw at people with the wiimote. The Xbox version is pretty sweet you turn into a beast and claw at people. I don't know if that was put in the PC version. I've only seen the Xbox one and I know they both play differently and have different stories. I'm assuming they'll be porting over the Xbox version and updating the visuals.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Hm, I'll have to stop by GameStop and look for confirmation of this.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Isnt the release 4th quarter 'Nintendo fiscal' year. Which ends march 07

So basically anytime between december 06 and march 07

13. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

No it's not. It's Q4 this year (most likely Early November] for a worldwide release.

14. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wii is before Thanksgiving, maybe late october. I'm betting early November.. Game Stop doesn't even have our first party announced launch titles available to reserve so I wouldn't rely on them for any solid info..They have about 10 wii games and 30 ps3 games for reserve.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

14 week launch window too, apparently. No offence, but I hope Australia is last and not us Europeans... dammit. I want my Wii :( or! better still! a reverse launch of Europe, Australia, US then Japan.
    one can wish.

16. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

17. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Toys R Us in Australia already has our preorder up and running (+ a free game at release) so I'm hoping we might creep in early again - it's nice to be part of asia :p. Australia first, then the US a week later, and then three weeks to the UK (with a black version ;)).

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What about it?

19. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

its gonna be a SWEET game and hopefully itll be for the Wii...

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'll reserve judgement till it's out ;) if its coming out for the regular old Xbox I'll give it a try.

21. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

if its anything like the rest of the series, this one is sure to be great. IMO, the SC games have gotten better and better.

Far Cry btw was good but i thought it was too hard. had to cheat to beat it... :cool:

22. guifa macrumors 6502

That's four words, by the way.