UConn Vs. Georgis Tech: What's Your Pick?

Discussion in 'Community' started by RBMaraman, Apr 4, 2004.

1. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

The teams are set, and the battle is Monday night.

So, who's going to win? Can Georgia Tech keep up its amazing streak, or will UConn make a perfect bracket for every ESPN analyst?

Georgia Tech has really shocked me. Every game they have played in the tournament has been different. Every game has rested on the shoulders of a different player. But, I think UConn will prove to everyone why the analysts were picking them to win at the beginning of the season.

So, I say UConn 80, Georgia Tech 72.

2. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

UCONN 85-83 on a last second dunk by Okafor. We shall see, looking for a Men's and Women's National Champions tho.

3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Look for GT to get blown out in the first half and then make its way back in the second to win by 5 with a string of fouls in the last 90 seconds.

4. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

i would have bet on duke, but i hate 'em. i still can't believe they lost to such a poor team. and that 3 pointer in the last 2 seconds was amazing. they should have counted it as 4... ;)

i don't want GT to win because i live in GA. after spring break, the few tech fans will be rubbing it in the faces of UGA fans (the majority of people).

i say that the NCAA will be smart, let UK back in the tourney in a 3-way game, and UK will win 90(UK)-76(GT)-74(UConn)... :D

reality

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The evening of the Final Four championship game is the one day a year that we have TV dinners. (Well, ok, Oscar night too.) It's a tradition. I don't care at all which team wins this year, because the teams I wanted to win and the teams I didn't want to win have all been eliminated. So I'll enjoy the game with a remarkably carefree attitude! The closer the outcome, the more fun it will be.

Go... whomever!

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

one of my friends always said "anyone who makes it tothe final four has the talent to win it all" and i agree with him, i'm really sad duke lost, i could have won soem cash because my bracket was kinda strong enough but I didn't, that last duhon three was amazing and a decent way to end such an impressive career but duke really let its guard down and they deserved to lose with the way uConn was able to come back

the thing that dissapointed me most was all the fouls that were called, let the kids play ... this was for both sides , althought it was nice to see okafor silenced for a bit simply for foul trouble rather than an injury ..

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

duke, goddammit ;)

nah, i dont have a preference...i'm just rooting for duke (unfortunately they lost) to piss off MacCoaster from #macrumors :)

8. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

being from ct and all, i have to go with our huskies, but GT di beat them in the preseason NIT so who knows

9. Awimoway macrumors 65816

UCONN

The game against Duke was the true national championship, though, and it was one helluva squeaker. Duke-haters like me had plenty of chances to give up and turn off the TV in frustration. I'm glad I stuck with it.

10. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

How can you say that Duke vs UConn was for the national title?
    Unless you forgot GT are beat BOTH of them this year!

I am going with an overtime GT win by 2.

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

12. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Thats a good bet considering the time of post is almost at the end of the game.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

14. RBMaraman thread starter macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

As I expected, UConn dominated the game, and I have to give Georgia Tech credit for really working to make a comeback at the end. All in all, I thought it was a very entertaining game.

Oh, and if you'll notice in my first post, I predicted the final score would be UConn 80, GT 72. The actual Final score was UConn 82, GT 73. I'm pretty proud of my prediction, considering I just picked two random numbers.:)

Congratulations Huskies!

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

OK predict tommorow nights Uconn Tennnesse Game final score. ;)

16. RBMaraman thread starter macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

OK...UConn 72, Tennessee 65. Take that to the bookies! :) ;)

17. Awimoway macrumors 65816

I stand by what I said. :D

18. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

No way. The game was already over. I wasn't taking any chances on a buzzer beater.

19. dynamicd macrumors 6502

Haha, go UConn. I have to celebrate a little bit since I did win the Macrumors group on espn.com. :D