uDevGames

Discussion in 'Games' started by Poff, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Now that we're about to start voting, has anyone found any favourite games yet? I've found SolarQuest to be a kick-ass game. I really like the controls, which effectively makes it a new kind of game instead of just another 2d side-scrolling space-ship shoot-em-up.

Clickable pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://www.udevgames.com/downloads/?dlid=14

And I cannot get StarPort to work, which is really a bummer. I was hoping to try it out, since I generally love RTS-games. (It's posted in the wrong place, btw. here. Can anyone try it and tell me if it's any good?)

2. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

3. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

I've been meaning to enter udev for the past two years, but have always been busy with other fun projects. Last year i was a final contestant in www.hiddenagenda.com. But we didn't win. We're doing it again this year, so again i didn't enter the udev contest.

It's a simple issue. Nobody i program with uses Macs. I need a mac partner. If you're into doing this, we should start rolling around ideas (or anyone else who is interested)

As for the demos, i've been too busy the last few days. Those screenshots are rather impressive, i must say....

4. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

WOW!

link

This game is amazing! I wasn't going to try it because of the terrible screen-shots. But guess what? It turned out to be a psycho game with more zombies than 28 days later! I've currently lasted 35 seconds record. Try it!

clickable:
    [​IMG]

5. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

Cool that you're into this stuff. I don't really know much about programming. I've been looking a bit at Blender lately. It looks effective, but hard to learn. Guess I want to learn some 3d-modelling before the actual programming. Not to make 3d-games (hard), but to make good-looking characters and objects.

Guess I'm not up to par with making an actual game yet, but some day??

6. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i downloaded all the games today so i could test them all out so i can vote fairly. my programming goal is to enter this contest next year cause it's just such a cool thing to be a part of.