Uganda's "Kill the Gays" bill to become law in December

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Queen of Spades, Nov 12, 2012.

1. macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

This makes me so sad, and so angry. How can the promise of punishment and death for other human beings be a "Christmas gift"? Just horrible. Beyond words, really.

Not to mention the fact that Uganda has many, many other things it could be focusing on in the furtherance of Ugandan society.

2. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wow. ****ing sickening.

3. macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If any first world countries are sending aid there it should stop immediately to send a message. If they want to act like cavemen we can make sure they feel like cavemen.

4. thread starter macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

There has been international outrage over this bill for some time, it was first introduced in 2009, and was shelved for awhile in response to the outcry. Looks like they no longer give a rat's. The UK I believe has already said they won't deal with Uganda in any form or fashion if they pass it. Still, people are likely going to die over this.

5. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

This is considered progress in Africa?

6. macrumors G5

jav6454

Lol, I am laughing so hard as according to that law, being HIV-positive will be taken as "Aggravated Homosexuality". I wonder what will happen to those macho guys in Uganda that rape virgins to "cure" themselves of being HIV. Well in any case, what about women or men who are straight and became HIV positive due to a mishap. Anyways, idiotic law in an idiotic 4th world country (5th world country in my eyes).

7. AhmedFaisal, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013

<snip>

8. TSE
    macrumors 68030

TSE

When you guys say "we" as in "we should stop this", who is we?

9. AhmedFaisal, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013

<snip>

10. TSE
    macrumors 68030

TSE

Ok. I'm all for not funding groups like this. Any military intervention or funding rebel groups, however, wouldn't do much good, if any.

11. macrumors 68000

FreeState

Chick-Fil-A's Winshape Foundation
    http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...-kill-the-gays-bill/politics/2012/08/01/45430

Conservative U.S. Christian groups
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/us-religious-right-presse_0_n_1699610.html
    Scott Lively, Rick Warren, Dan Schmierer of the ex-gay group Exodus International
    http://prospect.org/article/exporting-anti-gay-movement

12. macrumors 6502

There's a country I won't visit.