Ugh. The humanity.....

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Moxiemike, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|85093|1|,00.html

A stupid show ends with a stupid, superficial decision.

This....all makes me really unhappy to be human, and to see how absolutely idiotic women are, on the whole.

When I was younger... I used to think women were far superior to men both emotionally and intellectually. Now... i'm pretty sure we're all equally stupid, moronic and shallow.

If any girls on this forum wanna prove me wrong... try. But I think that the current waves of "reality" TV combined with my interactions with a variety of women, plus seeing how women tend to treat my friends (shabbily! shabbily!)....really makes me sick.

We talk about the way women are portrayed by the media, and in society... but we tend to forget the portrayal of men, and the stereotyping that goes on there.

It's every bit as degrading and demoralizing as what women go through, though not neccessarily related to physical traits (i.e skinny, railish, vain women vs stupid, vapid sports loving men).

I wish for a quick end to the human race!

2. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

well, in her defense, i'd say she would have been labeled a gold digger if she had gone the other way.

a wallstreet trader is not an average joe by any means. and neither is an atlanta falcons cheerleader a "beauty." (sure she looks nice, but is that all there's to being beautiful? - rhetorical question.)

i am not sure if i'd trust the reality tv to be making any kind of statements about much of anything. was it a coincidence that the finalists were one hunk and one average joe? probably not.

i personally felt it was kind of a letdown for the show to be called "the average joe" when it completely threw that away in the mid season.

4. Moxiemike thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

i'm just let down by society in general. time to get that island i always wanted....

5. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Come on. It's not surprising. We'd like to think that we choose with our intellect but biology will always come out on top. I don't care what high road you think you're riding on but biology will always come out on top.
    The number one thing is physical attractiveness. A woman's- and man's- biological investment that the offspring will also be physically attractive thus ensuring future mating success.
    The propagation of the species.
    Intelligence and all that are secondary priorities. Its importance a subjective matter of judgement for each person.

6. radhak macrumors regular

don't be hasty

don't do anything rash - please think it over before you renounce the world. its such a big step... you may not be able to take your Mac to that island - no electricity, you know. :D

on second thoughts, maybe you should get away from this materialistic world;

...pst, how much do you want for your iPod, if you have one?

:D :D

7. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

[Disclaimer]Ive been sick for a couple weeks (uggh) and have been subject to wtching crappy TV. [/Disclaimer]

Well, I watched it last night as well (only episode I saw) and thought the wall street guy was really nice, down to earth, and really fun to be with, and full of fun suprises. The other guy didnt talk about anything. (seriously, nothing. All he said was, "uh, yeah, I like you too. Yeah.") He just tried to get her drunk and party. He still lived with his parents, wasnt out of school yet (at 26), and basically did nothing. Yet, she called him, "A diamond in the rough."

PUH-Leeeeeeze. What an idiot. She only chose him because he was pretty. (she even said that at the end of the show)

8. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Re: don't be hasty

How about bringing some solar panels?? and a dish of some type so he could hook up to the Internet via satellite. :)

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

10. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

11. sillymacgirl macrumors member

Women

Unfortunately Moxie, you are right for the most part. I look at my female friends and I can honestly say that the vast majority of them will judge a person strictly by looks alone. To the point that a friend of mine quit dating a guy she was really into because as she told me, "his eyes squint too much when he laughs". Now don't get me wrong, I know almost as many men who take one look at a woman and decide right then and there if she's someone they'd even talk to...but I think women are worse about it than men are.

Now I'm not saying that ALL women are like that...but a large part of society(men and women) will make a decision about you right away, based on your looks.

But like jxyama said...if she'd have picked the other guy she would've been labeled as a gold digger. So either way, she loses.

12. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

The way the current Currency compared to the dollar...

That island is only $40 billion Dollars!

:rolleyes:

Looks looks.

All 'reality' TV is bull****, since when do you chose bewteen 2 guys, ala beauty vs money and real charm.

sillymacgirl -- I don't think she would have been portrayed as a gold digger if she really liked him, no?

13. alxths macrumors 6502

I didn't watch the show but the morning guys on the radio station i wake up to usually talk about it the morning after it's on. As soon as they mentioned that good looking guys were brought on i though: "god i hope she chooses an attractive guy." So many people were watching that show thing they'd get a nice little hartwarming tale about how it's whats inside that counts and then blamo! They get reality thrown at them.. or reality for the masses anyway.

14. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Who cares, it's entertainment television. Yawn.

To the guy whos' eyes squint when he laughs, and the gal who blew him off because she didn't like how that looked, another gal will come 'round who thinks it looks just great.

There's someone for everyone in this world. No sense running off to an island, giving up on the human race, or being morose over the whole thing. There's plenty more to get really upset about...just as there's a lot to be happy about.

15. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

my two cents...

looks should matter. but it shouldn't be the only thing. (i know, no one here implied that...) you don't want to be with someone you don't really like looking at... and many, many of us start dealing with others based on how they look - because it's the first thing that jumps at you and you don't even need to make contacts with them.

also, looks is also a very, very easy substitute as an excuse. instead of identifying the real problem you have with someone, it's far easier to tell others (and yourself) that something is wrong with the looks. it's also easy to convince yourself that there are no problems because of the looks too.

and lastly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... mass media and the society at large may have a very common, popular and typical definition of what's beautiful (models, etc.) but that doesn't mean no one will find you beautiful if you don't meet that criteria.

mrmacman- last i heard, 25000+ euro is around the same amount in dollars?? that island looks pretty sweet, actually.

stelliform - where is it? it might duck just under my credit card limit. :D

16. macguymike macrumors 6502

Hey, I'm 24, currently living with my father and I'm still in school.

There's nothing wrong with that. It's just the way my life has turned out. The way I look at it is, at least I'm going to school and working on getting my life straightened out.

On the other hand, there's more to me than "Yeah, wanna go party and get drunk?" I'm not even a party/drinking kind of guy. So, there's more to me than my looks. :)

17. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

there's nothing really wrong with living with your parents... i personally wouldn't, not at this point in my life, but it could be for various reasons... to save money (most common in the U.S., i think), to help them out, or just cares a lot about his family! i still look forward to going back "home" for breaks and it would be nice if i was living within an easy driving distance from them... (right now, i'm 10 hours away from their house.)

there's also nothing wrong with being in school when you are 26. i was in grad school when i was 26.

18. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i was so pissed when she chose the pretty boy, i wanna go to Nectar and have a beer with Adam, what a bloke. She's definitely the one that lost out. trouble is now, there's gonna be so many girls after Adam (and his money) that he better watch out. he seems very genuine and realistic so i don't think he'll have a problem. Adam should have won, no doubt about it, he even brought a big grin to my face just watching the happiness he exudes...

but yeah, women are just as superficial as men, but in a nastier way, at least most guys are blatant about it and you know what you get. i kinda liked her on the show (not that i thought she was all that mind) but now, what a bitch, they won't last, he's nothing, boring, and immature.

19. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

oh, 25,000 euros at the moment is around 30,500 US dollars i think, and the island is in Nova Scotia, it's a one acre island with another acre on the mainland (the shaded area in the picture) :)