Ugh...the wait begins

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by daveIT, Nov 3, 2006.

1. daveIT macrumors member

Just clicked the button...

2.66GHz
    2GB
    250GB
    X1900
    BT/AE
    20" ACD
    $3129 through ADC

Upgrading from 1999 technology :D

iMac 266 Rev C 384MB RAM 60GB HDD 6MB VRAM 13.8" Display

The iMac has taught me that patience is a virtue...especially when using Photoshop, Illustrator & Quark.

If I don't post here in the next couple days call the police...the wife has probably murdered me :p

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Very nice! You will be blown away from the speed, coming from a PowerMac G4 1.5ghz I could notice a massive boost imagine the jump yours will be.

3. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

What OS were you using? That's such a great leap in technology. I love it when people hold onto their systems. The Mac Pro should last you just as long if not longer!

4. daveIT thread starter macrumors member

Still using 10.2.8. It chugs along quite nicely with 384MB RAM. I'm still trying to decide what to do with the 'ol iMac...

5. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I bet it still runs like a champ for that version of mac os x. I personally think you should donate your new computer to a member who joined June of 2005.

Not being a greedy bastard, I think you should make it a nice itunes box or give it to a kid so that s/he has her own computer. Whatever you do it'll still be a great computer. Good luck

6. daveIT thread starter macrumors member

ACD on the way...

Well, I checked and Apple shipped my ACD. I picked the free 5 day shipping but the system says it's coming FedEx 2 day service. I wonder if this is because I'm in Alaska and UPS Ground doesn't deliver from the Lower 48. I hope they ship the Mac Pro that way too...:D