Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
I'm looking at your inCase.

I bought the inCase Neoprene Sleeve plus for iPad because I wanted a zippered slip case, it had a soft interior and came with a stand.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0959ZM/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

Got it home, it is WAAAAY too big, in fact it is a frickin' repackaged netbook case for twice the price.

This POS is being returned and I'll buy from a case maker that actually designed their case for the iPad

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
You don't have the Apple $39 case? It really is a nice case. Not as "protective" as the case you linked but definitely nice. One could argue it should have come with the device and I suspect that in the future it will but for now take a look at the Apple iPad case before you consider a third party case.

I keep mine on all the time. The only down side is it doesn't fit the cradle. That's ok. I'll be taking the cradle back. I like having my iPad in the Apple case. It quickly stands my iPad up in Commodore 64 mode for typing. It closes over the screen to protect it. And it doesn't add a lot of weight to an already somewhat heavy device.

Give it a try...

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I'm looking at your iCase.

I bought the iCase Neoprene Sleeve plus for iPad because I wanted a zippered slip case, it had a soft interior and came with a stand.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0959ZM/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

Got it home, it is WAAAAY too big, in fact it is a frickin' repackaged netbook case for twice the price.

This POS is being returned and I'll buy from a case maker that actually designed their case for the iPad

Actually it's not, yesterday i bought the same one and went to the BestBuy Mobile store and they had the Incase netbook versions and i put them side to side and i saw they the iPad verion was smaller. But yeah they just overcharged. Just like belkin did.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
I was wondering if this was going to happen to all the people who pre-purchased netbook sleeves, after I took at a look at my husband's netbook sleeve (for an actual netbook) and saw the dimensions.

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
I want to keep my iPad nekid, so I just want a slip case for when I throw it in my backpack and for travel.

I really want the apple case, but I hear it is hard to insert and remove the iPad.

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
I was wondering if this was going to happen to all the people who pre-purchased netbook sleeves, after I took at a look at my husband's netbook sleeve (for an actual netbook) and saw the dimensions.

Honestly, I have no problem with a netbook sleeve, if it is priced like a netbook sleeve ($15-25).

My beef is that the same netbook case I can buy at bestbuy for $20, is being sold as an iPad case for $40.

robotkiller

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2009
I want to keep my iPad nekid, so I just want a slip case for when I throw it in my backpack and for travel.

I really want the apple case, but I hear it is hard to insert and remove the iPad.

It's difficult to remove the iPad from the Apple case.

I got the convertible case today. It's beefy, but feels nice. It feels like a book and the three positions for landscape is nice.

I'll probably keep it.

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
It's difficult to remove the iPad from the Apple case.

I got the convertible case today. It's beefy, but feels nice. It feels like a book and the three positions for landscape is nice.

I'll probably keep it.

How hard is it to remove the iPad from the convertible incase case?

Even though I am ticked by the one I have, the incase convertible book jacket looks attractive.

I really want the apple one, but I have to be able to get the thing out easily or it is no good.

BMP84

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
iPad case

I Have been using the cheap-o HP mini case, until the apple case goes back in stock in my city. Does the job very Well actually. But it was just a "how will I tKe this thing out and about till then?" kinda thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.