Ugly Nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Readma, Sep 5, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Ok so the new ipods are finally here and i think most of the people who post on this forum would have spoiled it for themself weeks in advance veiwing all the rumors so there was really no big surprises there. It just seems to me like the new ipod nano seems incredibly ugly. I know it has a bigger screen and all so that you can watch movies but i personally just dont think that its apple.

What do you all think?

2. Moderator emeritus

sushi

I will await judgement until I have seen them in person.

3. macrumors regular

I think it doesn't look as bad as many people have put it out to be. I think it will appeal to certain people who want something such as the new little video for everyone.

4. macrumors 68040

Telp

Same goes here. Im more impressed then when i saw the pictures online on gizmodo or what not.

5. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

seeing more pictures and video of the new nano in action, they don't look nearly as bad as i thought. i'll still want to check one out in person, but i don't think it'll matter; they really are priced to move.

6. macrumors 601

gloss

Engadget really liked them, apparently. They say that the thinness and tapered edges help offset the chunky proportions, and that it's both itsy-bitsy and solid-feeling in person.

7. macrumors 6502a

maccam

8. macrumors 68000

pianoman

the ergonomics is what i'm curious about. the previous model nano fit in my hand very well; this new one being shorter, i'm not so sure.

like sushi, i'll wait to pass judgement until i've used one.

9. macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Both of your statements apply to me as well:D

10. macrumors regular

DeeGee48

The NANO "Phatty"!

Actually, I think it's kinda cute, like my wife (same proportions! :D)

And if you look at the TV spot I think you'll have to agree that when people see THIS ad, that new NANO is going to sell like those proverbial hotcakes. Might even turn out to be the biggest or fastest selling iPod of all time! Let's see what happens. Methinks many of us gave it a bum rap during the 'rumor phase' this past month or so!

11. macrumors regular

I just looked at your sig, and I feel better about my iPod buying addiction :)

12. macrumors 603

HLdan

Short and wide?:D

13. macrumors G3

Sesshi

Translation: I think it's ugly too, but I'm hoping that seeing it in person the Reality Distortion Field will overcome it :p

14. macrumors regular

DeeGee48

You Betcha!

Yeah, I call her my "short, stubby woman"! But very cute! :D

15. macrumors 603

HLdan

LOL, I'm glad you have a good sense of humor, I didn't mean to be insulting. Cheers.:)

16. macrumors 6502a

I made one... outa plywood... just to see how it felt, dimensionally, in the hand. It is really a convenient size, and surprisingly small. This has got to be about as small as you can make something for viewing video. Any smaller, and it would be difficult to hold steady, I think. The screen will be small, but better sized than I would have guessed. They're gonna sell a bazillion of these things, the 4 gb especially.

17. Moderator emeritus

EricNau