Ugly Office 2004 Icons

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theimacguy, Jul 10, 2004.

1. theimacguy macrumors regular

Mar 7, 2004
    Just wondering, does anybody think that the Office 2004 icons are uglier than the Office X icons.
  2. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

Feb 17, 2003
    New Jersey USA
    They are different in terms of color saturation and hue. As for Ugly, I thought the first icons were ugly but got used to them. I am sure in time I wil lnot even notice them.

Of course, Why on earth did Adobe change the Photoshop icons?!?
  3. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2003
    I too much prefer the old icons, but at least they don't stand out too much. In response to the second poster I quite like the adobe cs icons. One of my favourite icons is the transmit truck, just kinda cute and does what it looks like.
  4. HenMaster6000 macrumors regular

Dec 16, 2003
    I like the new office icons because they look refined. What I don't like is the new quicktime icon in tiger...eww.
  5. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    I think the new Office 2004 icons are ugly. I much prefered the v.X ones. I also do not care for the Adobe CS icons. They're not "flashy" enough.
  6. BWhaler macrumors 68020

Jan 8, 2003
    I like the new ones. In fact, I think Apple should update the standard doc icons. They're getting a little long in the tooth.
  7. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2003
    Long Beach, California
    I thought they were ugly at first, but they're growing on me. I think they look really "old" for some reason, something you'd find while digging in Peru or something (no offense to Peruians).
  8. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002
    i think office in general is ugly, well mainly entourage. it look cartoony. The thing is i absolutely love the way it looks in windows xp, (in classic mode) its funny but i honest wish they made it look just like xp on here... or at least changed some of the colors to make it look a little more professional.

makes me wonder if i would like it better in brushed metal....