UGnG and Some Good PSP Titles..

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Aug 28, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Just got in from lunch and picked up a copy of ultimate ghost n goblins(got it one day early) and the gardius collection....I've noticed there are a lot of good games for the PSP including madden 07 and Def Jam: Fight for NY(I'll be picking this up next week)

Just a heads up for my PSP players..

http://psp.ign.com/index/reviews.html

UGnG.....is rocking my PSP now....just a all around good game
    gardius....well we all know about this collection.

I might get the MGS graphic novel as well if i'm feeling lovely:)

Bless

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's been getting glowing reviews all over. Unfortunetly it's not out till mid september here :eek:

Will be getting it though, might import instead as i'm so bloody impatient - and I want tekken dr aswell :D

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Has the game changed much since the SNES days? I played it at a friends house so many years ago, found it the same as the Amiga version (utterly disgusting). years later I find it has a massive fanbase. give it another go. still not my thing.

Gradius :) I played a bit of the GBA game and it was alright. more a fan of R-Type though, just the weapon select thing feels a little clunky in a quick fire game.

4. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^The game is great....more weapons, the audio, level design is top. Only annoying thing is the jump....it gets reall stupid sometimes but the game is great.

Gradius collection has the whole series...with part two being the ace...I just love this collection...havent stop playing it since I hopped off the train.

Bless

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Good game choices! Those are probably the first 2 titles I would get if I had a PSP. Def Jam looks good too, not sure about its load times.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It has 4 & 5 ?

7. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Yes.....parts one through 5....one of them was only released in Japan....I'm surprised they didn't add R-type to the fold.

this game is great....been playing it all night.....finished part one now i'm on two...they even added cut scenes.

Bless

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

jeez, i have Gradius V for the ps2 and it's one of my favourite shooters ever. Up there with ikaruga. didn't think they would have converted this to the psp already...

I'll have to add that to my list for september then :)

any parodius on there ?

9. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Gradius II was never released in the US, though they did release Lifeforce in the US which some people think is the sequel to Gradius, but it's actually a different game in Japan called Salamander. Confusing huh? Gradius II might be one of the best ones, I used to play it on the Famicom a lot.

R-Type is from Irem so you wouldn't see that game on the collection. However Stinger and Scramble are both shooters from Konami so it would be nice to throw one of those in as a hidden extra.

I forgot Parodius too!!

10. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

nope not here(maybe a hidden game?)...never played it really but it looks nice...There was a PS2 shooter just like gradius....do you know the name..i would love to pick it up.

Gradius 3 is hard as hell man!

Note: Foxglove9 i think you answered my question..Was lifeforce in 2.5D?

Bless

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just like gradius ? on ps2 but not gradius ? :confused: I havent a clue :eek:

12. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Me neither, especially since Ikaruga has been mentioned already. Though I will take a guess and say Silpheed, one of the early PS2 games.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean when you ask "was Lifeforce 2.5D?"

13. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I meant its in 2D but made to look 3D-ish...did I explain it good enough? ..I'm thinking its lifeforce or the other you mention.

Bless

14. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

oh okay, I thought you meant in terms of sequels, like it was as inbetween 2 and 3.

Lifeforce was side-scrolling and then overhead, it changed depending on the level.

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU