Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nashyo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Bristol
Hi,

I have set up a UIActivityIndicator and I've positioned it in the centre of my UIWebView. It works fine, but I'd really like it up in the nav bar. I know how to do this in code, without a storyboard. But does anyone know how to do it with storyboard?

I can't simply drag and drop into the nav bar. Maybe this is a limitation?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
If you're gonna put it in the navBar, maybe you should instead just turn on the one built into the status bar.

P.S. That'll need to be done in code, though.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
The progress indicator in the status bar has the meaning of progress during a network connection. If that's your meaning then it's a good idea. Otherwise it's not a good idea.

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
The progress indicator in the status bar has the meaning of progress during a network connection. If that's your meaning then it's a good idea. Otherwise it's not a good idea.

Well, considering he's talking about a UIWebView, there is probably some network communication going on.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Then i'd suggest using the standard UINetworkIndicator on your UIApplication (build in), and maybe another one on top of your UIWebview, which will be removed on the Delegate callback of webview didfinishloading

nashyo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Bristol
Then i'd suggest using the standard UINetworkIndicator on your UIApplication (build in), and maybe another one on top of your UIWebview, which will be removed on the Delegate callback of webview didfinishloading

This is great thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.