UIPanGestureRecognizer problem in Ipad

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ashwinr87, Apr 26, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Hi,

in my app, I am trying to move a subview which I popup. This is am doing using UIPanGestureRecognizer and gesture recognizing functions provided by apple here

So the problem I get is that when I click on the button image and try to move the view, it does not move the view. The functionality works only when I click the button, and then click it and move it. only then does it move the view.

I would like to know what I am doing wrong.

Here is the button code to which I add this functionality

Code:
     UIButton *moveButton = [[UIButton alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(5, 1, 30, 30)];
    [moveButton addTarget:self         action:@selector(moveButtonClick:)forControlEvents:UIControlEventTouchDown];
    [moveButton setBackgroundImage:[UIImage imageNamed: @"moveButton.png"] forState:UIControlStateNormal];
    [customView addSubview:moveButton];
    [moveButton release]; 
    and here is the code I use for the app to recognize the pan gesture

Code:
     -(void) moveButtonClick: (id) sender
     {
    [self addGestureRecognizersToPiece:self.view];
     }

// shift the piece's center by the pan amount
     // reset the gesture recognizer's translation to {0, 0} after applying so the next callback  is a delta from the current position
     - (void)panPiece:(UIPanGestureRecognizer *)gestureRecognizer
    {
    UIView *piece = [gestureRecognizer view];

[self adjustAnchorPointForGestureRecognizer:gestureRecognizer];

if ([gestureRecognizer state] == UIGestureRecognizerStateBegan || [gestureRecognizer state] == UIGestureRecognizerStateChanged) {
        CGPoint translation = [gestureRecognizer translationInView:[piece superview]];

[piece setCenter:CGPointMake([piece center].x + translation.x, [piece center].y + translation.y)];
        [gestureRecognizer setTranslation:CGPointZero inView:[piece superview]];
    }
    }

// adds a set of gesture recognizers to one of our piece subviews
    - (void)addGestureRecognizersToPiece:(UIView *)piece
    {
    UIPanGestureRecognizer *panGesture = [[UIPanGestureRecognizer alloc] initWithTarget:self action:@selector(panPiece:)];
    [panGesture setDelegate:self];
    [panGesture setMaximumNumberOfTouches:1];
    [piece addGestureRecognizer:panGesture];
    [panGesture release];

}

// scale and rotation transforms are applied relative to the layer's anchor point
    // this method moves a gesture recognizer's view's anchor point between the user's fingers
    - (void)adjustAnchorPointForGestureRecognizer:(UIGestureRecognizer *)gestureRecognizer 
    {
    if (gestureRecognizer.state == UIGestureRecognizerStateBegan) 
    {
        UIView *piece = gestureRecognizer.view;
        CGPoint locationInView = [gestureRecognizer locationInView:piece];
        CGPoint locationInSuperview = [gestureRecognizer locationInView:piece.superview];

piece.layer.anchorPoint = CGPointMake(locationInView.x / piece.bounds.size.width, locationInView.y / piece.bounds.size.height);
        piece.center = locationInSuperview;
    }
    }

// UIMenuController requires that we can become first responder or it won't display
    - (BOOL)canBecomeFirstResponder
    {
    return YES; 
    It would be really great if someone could help me out in this.

2. thread starter macrumors member

Solved

I solved the problem... apparently using the button to perform the action I needed, will indeed require me to click on it twice and then only perform the pan action. So I removed it and added an Image and added gesture recognizer to it.

Here is the updated code...

The code for the Image -

Code:
     // Image which allows subview to be moved around
    CGRect myImageRect = CGRectMake(5, 1, 30, 30);
    UIImageView *myImage = [[UIImageView alloc] initWithFrame:myImageRect];
    [myImage setImage:[UIImage imageNamed:@"moveButton.png"]];
    myImage.opaque = YES;
    myImage.userInteractionEnabled = YES;
    UIPanGestureRecognizer *panGesture = [[UIPanGestureRecognizer alloc] initWithTarget:self        action:@selector(panPiece:)];
    [panGesture setDelegate:self];
    [panGesture setMaximumNumberOfTouches:1];
    UIView *piece = self.view;
    [piece addGestureRecognizer:panGesture];
    [panGesture release];
    [customView addSubview:myImage];
    [myImage release]; 
    After this I removed the button code and removed the action recognizer for the button.. other than that, the rest of the code is the same and it works fine...