UISegmentedControl in Navigation Bar

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by nicoko, Jan 6, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi,

In one of my views I would like to have a segmented control in the navigation bar.

Clicking on one of the buttons should reload the table with a different parameter.

What I have so far:
    - navigation bar with the two segmented control buttons;
    - table with a few cells (data comes from a json file).

How can I reload the view in order to fill the table with a different json file as source?

Thanks,

Nico

2. macrumors regular

you can call reloadData at anytime on a table.

3. wtucker1664, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011

macrumors newbie

Having same problem

Hi I have called [AMCustomerTableView reloadData] where AMCustomerTableView is the table view object, but doing an NSLog in the

Code:
    - (UITableViewCell *)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView cellForRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath
    function shows that this is not being called when the reloadData is being called.

I have setup a function called changeSegment and put this in the navigation bar control. Set it as an IBAction and linked this in interface builder.

I have created a function in the table view control .m file which get the data from a server and returns json this NSMutibleArray is then used to add the data to the table.

The problem is this is not reloading the data when i click on any of the segment buttons.

Has anyone else had this problem.

4. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Did you hook up your tableView's datasource property?