[UK] 256Mb PC2700 SO-DIMM

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by robbieduncan, Jan 17, 2004.

1. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I have just got a nice new 512Mb So Dimm for my PowerBook so now have a 256Mb PC2700 So Dimm spare. This obviously is in perfect working condition. If anyone wants this (in the UK only please) then can you drop me a mail on robbie@robbieduncan.net.

Price is £20 including postage to anywhere in the UK (current new price on scan is £26+postage). No bargaining! Anything less that £20 and it's not worth me selling it!

2. robbieduncan thread starter Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

1) Sorry: wrong forum!

2) Sold already!

Thanks, Robbie

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

4. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Did you buy from scan? I used to buy from scan, for my PC stuff, and remember getting Samsung chips from them so I thought it might be a good bet. But then the crucial guarntee is very tempting for a fe pounds more. I really just dont want the hassle of getting a bad chip and having to send it back etc.

5. robbieduncan thread starter Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Yes I bought it from scan. The chips on the DIMM did not appear to be Samsung but it works fine (in fact the timings match Apple's perfectly). I also bought a spindle of 25 DVD-Rs for the knock down price of £17.33 which work perfectly with iDVD.

6. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Cheers for the reply, I'll have to call them tomorrow and see how much a 512Mb dimm is for my 12" powerbook. Crucial knocked £5 of the price yesterday, and they rarely seem to adjust their prices (compared with the volatility of memory prices elsewhere) so hopefully memory prices are falling. Buying RAM always seems to remind of buying shares!