(UK) 8x dual format Sony DVD-RW for £54 @ OverClockers! This week only!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by edesignuk, Jun 2, 2004.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

3. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I don't see why not, www.xlr8yourmac.com might have some artilces on it, I thought the new G5's were using Sony drive actually?

edit: Since these guys are putting it in an extenal case then selling it for Windows or OS X I imagine you'd be ok.

Also from this page: "A remarkable aspect about this Sony DVD hardware (and all the other DVD players, too) is the way they cooperate with the operating systems underneath them, namely Windows XP or Mac OS X, making them nearly effortless to install."

4. zoetropeuk macrumors regular

This is brilliant PC prices for us Mac users !!!

Thanks for the tip off. I've got a job coming up that needs 150 DVDs and it's cheaper for me to do it myself. But the issue was the speed. I've already got a 1x and 2x in my G4 and a 4x in the G5.

I've just ordered two of the 8x drives to stick in the G4 :) I might even get another one to stick in the G5. Man I paid £175 for the 2x in the G4 :mad:

Matt

5. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

No problem zoetropeuk, glad to help! It's such an amazing deal, I thought someone must be interested to know.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Dayam, I wish I lived in London again!

I don't even have a "superdrive" because I know I would almost never use it. However, for that price, I'd buy one and MAKE myself use it!

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is a dual layer burner

8. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

You are not wrong, you are correct this is a dual format burner, meanig burns + and - R DVD's. This burner cannot burn dual layer DVD's, but it is still a good price (I think, I am not good at money conversion from quid to bills).

9. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I am an idiot :rolleyes: Still, it's a very good price for an 8x dual format burner.