(UK) Anyone pre-order a Wii from Gameplay, Woolworths, or Argos?

Discussion in 'Games' started by cartoonfox, Dec 6, 2006.

1. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

Just read this on GoNintendo
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=9987

Just a heads up for anyone affected, maybe you should phone your store and see what's up.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Phew :) I'm safe. Ordered ours through play.com mooooonths ago.

I'm a tad worried about my girlfriends... Her mum ordered hers from Littlewoods (for christmas) just a few weeks ago.

If worst comes to worst guys - Virgin Megastores across the country will have Wii's on the shelf on Friday. Don't know about Game/Gamestation yet.

3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

damn, that nontendo page is blocked from our work servers :(

what does it say? low supplies?

i ordered mine from hmv.co.uk month back..

they had better send me a shipping email sometime today!!

i work nr a toys r us, and i'm not sure what stock they will have..

4. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

If they don't have my Wii ready tomorrow morning at Game, I might just do something crazy.

5. MattQiu macrumors member

MattQiu

just received shipping email from amazon... sweet :D

6. ictiosapiens macrumors regular

I preordered a couple of weeks ago from gamestation houslow and they called me saying that I'd get it before christmas but not on launch day... I might try to queu up tonight at HMV, but its not looking good, they'll only have 200 there... A guy at Game yesterday told me they hat 25 for launch day, and would receive 2 more shipments before christmas totalling 75... It's not looking pretty...

7. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

I reckon if you're willing to travel a little distance to one of the satellite towns of London you'll get one without too much difficulty. Get your yellow pages out and find out which independent shops are getting them tomorrow.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What I love about my area is that it's a major tourist destination to one of the biggest towns outside of the 2nd biggest city in England *phew*. Deliveries are very quick :D

anywho. Got an email off Play.com saying they won't have many extra remotes+nunchucks. Though we've been assured ours will be here before xmas (when I'm getting my Wii anyways). Should be sorted. Hang in there Play users :eek:

9. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Why don't you just pick up a copy of Wii Play from a retail store and get your extra controller that way?

I reckon Argos will have loads in stock.

10. cartoonfox thread starter macrumors regular

cartoonfox

Got the scare of my life this morning. I received a letter from Currys, where I'm collecting my Wii from, and it said that due to low supplies my Wii wont be "delivered" till December 16th!
    I was so p**sed. I haven't been that angry in a long time (pathetic I know, it's only a console but I'm a dork!).
    I am number 7 on the list, and so I was shocked that they had only received 6 or less Wii's.
    Once I calmed down I noticed that it said "delivered" even though I'm supposed to be collecting mine in the store, I didn't order online.

So I went down to Currys, showed the letter to the manager (didn't ask for the manager he just happened to be working by the tills!) and he checked my name on the list, and said he didn't know what the letter was but I will be getting my Wii tomorrow.

You should have heard the sigh of relieve!

I'm still not 100% convinced. Not until I get my Wii in my hands and back to the saftey of my room will I rest easy! so I shall be crossing my fingers as I take the tube to town tomorrow morning!

Wish me luck! : ]

Oh btw, my CoD3 arrived today from Play.com. The Wii game boxes are freaking awesome! Or "lush" as the Welsh half of me wants to say!

11. cartoonfox thread starter macrumors regular

cartoonfox

Well, no f*ckng Wii for me!
    I went to Currys at 8:45am, and there were 5 others waiting to pick up their Wii's. As soon as the doors opened we were greeted with a "Sorry, our Wii shipment hasn't arrived yet. All we have is a box of games"!
    After the uproar of WTF's, I asked one of the workers what had happened and he had no idea why they hadn't arrived. I was told I'd be phoned as soon as they were in.

To make it worse as I went home empty handed, I saw a group of 6 or 7 guys all with Wii filled GAME bags laughing and having fun as they all walked home. Bastards.

Even Woolworths had their shipment the night before. Why did I have to get the short end of the stick?

I'm beyond pissed. I have 2 games staring me in the face, and I can't play them.

12. cartoonfox thread starter macrumors regular

cartoonfox

Oh btw, anyone looking for component cables. I checked GAME, Currys, HMV and Woolworths, and they all told me they expected them in early next week.

Just for anyone wanting to go hunting!