Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
hi All,

I know this has been covered in other threads but there are a few which are just US based.

I'm getting my Apple Watch in the next week I have slim case lined up for it, but I'm after a strap 3rd party.

Any good recommendations? Preferable link bracket type but open to all options

Thanks all.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
South East England

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece
What I don't like about Jetech is that the reviews refer to multiple products. For example if you read the reviews for the stainless steel band, you'll find reviews for some cables, for a leather band, for a charger etc.

tony_glasgow

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
UK
Don't discount looking at CEX for 'seconds' which, for the most part, were just bands that were taken straight from Apple Store to CEX store for a quick cash in.

I've bought two sports bands (£18) and the link bracelet (£250) all of which were brand new in original packaging. Prices fluctuate but are falling generally - blue down to £15 and pink down to £10.

(As an added bonus it's nice to know CEX paid £450 for the link bracelet in June and I paid almost half for it)

I took in a two year old iPhone 5S and got almost £300 in vouchers so in the end cost me nothing and I can stop looking at eBay daily for a decent link bracelet!

Last edited:

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Don't discount looking at CEX for 'seconds' which, for them most part, were just bands that were taken straight from Apple Store to CEX store for a quick cash in.

I've bought two sports bands (£18) and the link bracelet (£250) all of which were brand new in original packaging. Prices fluctuate but are falling generally - blue down to £15 and pink down to £10.

(As an added bonus it's nice to know CEX paid £450 for the link bracelet in June and I paid almost half for it)

I took in a two year old iPhone 5S and got almost £300 in vouchers so in the end cost me nothing and I can stop looking at eBay daily for a decent link bracelet!

Didn't actually think of CEX thanks!

Farsider

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK

I've owned all of these.....and sent them all back except the Snugg leather strap (in Brown). They are all very cheapy and this is reflected in the cost.

The Snugg leather strap (last link) is very high quality with a perfect fit to the Watch. Highly recommended.

Farsider

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
Fair enough.

IMO the official Apple straps are the only ones worth considering at the moment.

3rd parties can't even get the Sports bands 100% yet.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Fair enough.

IMO the official Apple straps are the only ones worth considering at the moment.

3rd parties can't even get the Sports bands 100% yet.

Yeah true if need be I can just send it all back if I don't feel comfortable with it.

My mate is looking into getting a leather strap. You never know I might tries his and prefer it after all

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece
I've owned all of these.....and sent them all back except the Snugg leather strap (in Brown). They are all very cheapy and this is reflected in the cost.

The Snugg leather strap (last link) is very high quality with a perfect fit to the Watch. Highly recommended.

Thanks ;)

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
So my verdict from what i bought

JeTech Band - Awful - all the pins broke extremely easily meaning the strap became void
Spigen AW Case (Clear) - Protective wise was great, looks not perfect made the watch feel and look very cheap and the light would reflect of the clear plastic case.
Spigen AW Case (Black) - Protective wise was great, looks wise i prefer if i had a choice I'd prefer to have ac case but my line of work its best i have one ( see pictures attached)
Spigen AW Stand - Nice little stand does the job and will work great when AW iOS2 comes out! (see attached)

Attachments

• IMG_2444.JPG
    IMG_2444.JPG
    720.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2445.JPG
    IMG_2445.JPG
    841.9 KB · Views: 106

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Ended up buying another 2 straps that i saw of Amazon.

Snug Leather Strap - Really nice leather strap, wasn't really up for a leather strap haven't been the greatest of fans of them. I think if you a leather strap person this strap is great for you, but for me were the leather hadn't set it yet, it would raise the AW of my wrist. Even if I went to the point of were it was tight on my wrist it still would raise up. Maybe over time the leather would set it and it would feel better, but it just wasn't for me.

Buyee Link Bracelet - Just what i wanted! After my problems with the JETech bracelet I thought the same with this, but everything about the link bracelet was better then last, even the packaging was. The second I opened it and saw the packaging i knew it was going to be better. Plus the other one had its on link removal kit (which broke...) this one didn't, just got back from having it corrected.

Fits really well feels and looks great. So ill be sticking with this as my every day use strap, and my AW Sport strap for gym use etc.

IMG_2452.JPG IMG_2453.JPG IMG_2454.JPG IMG_2455.JPG IMG_2456.JPG

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.