UK - Channel 4 brings Lost to VOD

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JimmyB248, Apr 30, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

From Mad.co.uk

I've taken a look at this on my old Dell, seeing as you can only watch these episodes with Windows Media Player 10, and the quality is awful. It's far, far worse the iTunes quality, though it is widescreen, and only 99p per episode, surely half of what the pricing will be for when episodes come to the iTunes UK. Of course that 99p only gives you unlimited access to watch the episode whenever you want for 24 hours. The Season 2 episodes will be made available 2 weeks after they are aired in the UK.

All in all, a nice idea, but it's failed miserably. I don't know the details about the rights, whether it's Channel 4 thats stopping iTunes from selling Lost in the UK at the same time as US then sure that makes sense, but if it isn't, that means the UK can now easily get the rights. So basically, I want my iTunes TV shows in the UK!

2. macrumors 6502a

jimN

and it won't work on the mac. I'm pretty disappointed as both the bbc and channel 4 have now waded into the world of downloadable content and apple have not only failed to secure some sort of itunes link, but they have also managed to be laregly incompatible with the chosen formats. Have to admit, i expected more of the beeb given their duty as a national broadcaster - they should at least have a streaming quicktime option as flip4mac doesn't tend to perform well in firefox.

Would love to have the beeb programs as video podcasts even if they found a way to turn them off after one week.