UK Delivery/Tracking

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by benj04, Dec 13, 2004.

1. benj04 macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2004
    Apologies to be the billionth person to ask this no doubt but I've been searching around the forums and haven't seen much at all about Flextronics.

The story so far...

I order my iBook Thursday evening [UK Apple Online Store], Friday morning I get the dispatched email stating 2-3 business days for delivery. I attempt to use the Apple Tracking but all I see is Shipped.

I've tried the Apecode tracking but still no luck in finding out where the iBook actually is. I've seen a few people posting their tracking info which shows Holland/Luxenburg but all I get is this from

Date Time Status Comment
    10DEC04 17:07 UPDATE Held at WAR - Z04654 C-6090000B
    10DEC04 17:07 MANIFESTED Mfst C-6090000B WAR-APP Dvr APPLE
    09DEC04 21:40 TRUCK DEPARTED en route to warr depot seal no....817011/12
    09DEC04 12:59 MANIFESTED Trans from C-5520000C To Mfst C-5791452 APP-WAR
    09DEC04 08:44 MANIFESTED Mfst C-5520000C LUT-WAR

Being a new'un and all, I have no idea what any of this means.

I wake up this morning to find an invoice in the post from Apple dated 10/12/04 stating the iBook passed UK Customs.

I then find out TNT will deliver the iBook now it is in the UK. So the real question is, how, if possible, do I find out the TNT Tracking Number?

Thank you in advance.
  2. Lau Guest

From what I remember, if you go to the TNT website and enter the 10 digit number beginning with 8 that you have been using on the apecode tracker it will show up once it's in the UK. It's always a little bit behind - I knew my bloke had signed for it at work and was on the bus home, but it still said it was out on delivery! Still, once it lands at the regional airport (mine was Cardiff) it will show that on the TNT website. You can also phone up TNT and give them that number and they can tell you, if you're getting really jittery. ;)

However, once it's got to Luxembourg and you're waiting for TNT to get it, there doesn't seem much you can do, except obsessively check the TNT website. Don't quote me, but from what the weird garbled 'tracking speak' says and what mine said, it looks as if it shouldn't be too long though.

Good luck, the waiting's a nightmare. I checked about 4 tracking sites about every hour for two weeks! All will be forgotten once you get it though.

Oh, and don't even waste your 'finger energy' checking the tracking, for it is utterly useless
  3. stevep macrumors 6502a

Oct 13, 2004
    My tracking details mentioned Taipei - I can't decipher yours I'm afraid. But once it gets to Luxembourg and into the hands of TNT I think it will be very quick - mine took 24 hrs from Luxembourg to Sussex.
  4. benj04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2004
    Cheers for the replies. I've decided to take the day off tomorrow. I can't do with it being sent away for another day. That's if it does come tomorrow :eek:
  5. benj04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2004
    Well, I am not impressed at all.

I was told 2-3 working days. Tuesday (14th Dec) being the 3rd business day since dispatch. I just received a phone call from Flextronics saying my iBook will be delivered Tuesday 21st December.

I know Windows would never do this to me. :rolleyes:
  6. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    Is it a Build To Order iBook?

I ordered a BTO Powerbook that had a delivery time of 7-10 days, I got the delivery after 26 days.
    First I was told TNT were handling it, then IEC, then TNT again, then I was told it had been sitting in the Netherlands depot for 4 days for no reason.
    I then had a phone call from Apple to say that it had left the Netherlands and was on it's way with IEC.

The following day I was called by Apple to say it was in a UK depot... with TNT!

But it eventually arrived and the month of fretting and stress was forgotten in the time it took for the startup chime to sound.
  7. Wes macrumors 68020

Jun 22, 2001
    Yes, they wouldn't, seeing as they don't make computers. :rolleyes:
  8. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    from my past experience of ordering from apple and having it delivered to the uk i can only say the online tracking appears to make no sence!

my custom built pb took ages! prob about 3 weeks longer than initially said

my ipod arrived from repair before it had even said it had shipped!

and an ipod mini i ordered took about a week longer

a few other things seemed ok though!
  9. benj04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2004
    Oh you know what I meant!

It's not a made to order no. But, I'm just glad I know when to expect it now, hopefully.