UK Education Discount Qualification......

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sreedy, Sep 22, 2005.

1. sreedy macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to work this out from the Apple site but am banging my head against a brick wall.

My friend at work is wanting to buy a Mac and some other bits from Apple for his kids to use. One is at Junior School and one at Secondary School..... do they qualify for the Educational Discount??

Everything I see on the Apple website says "I'm over 18..."

Thanks,

Sreedy

If know one knows then I guess I'll ring them.

2. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Online, I think you can only get into the edu part of the store from a verified education server/computer, i.e. one from a school.

Not sure about the process in store for kids.

3. maddav macrumors 6502

maddav

You can buy from a non-university/college network, but it requires that you're 18, and therefore it most likely only applies to university students. Or others in further education past the age of 18.

Edit:Just checked, it also requires that you have a valid student card, so I'm assuming this backs up the above thought.

4. sreedy thread starter macrumors 6502a

So that means it's Higher & Further Education only?

5. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Quite possibly. Does your friend know any students? ;)

6. rose red macrumors member

School Governors get discounts too

I read on some US messageboard that school governors get educational discounts but haven't been able to find this info on the Apple site. I phoned AppleUK to check and they said yes, so I ordered over the phone. They did not ask me to provide any evidence. I'm not sure, if you are active in PTA this may count. BTW, I'm a primary school governor.

7. krollster macrumors member

I'd just order on behalf of your kids through the online education store. If there are any issues then you could be honest and explain your situation.

I know people who have used the edu store and have specified training colleges etc. No questions were even asked.

8. mpw Guest

I've always ordered through the Edu. store online and never had any checking or questioning