[UK] Egg Money 5% Cashback & Education Discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mak, Apr 23, 2006.

1. mak macrumors member

Feb 19, 2005

Any UK members bought their hardware via the education store and paid using their egg money card to get both discounts?

How did you do it? Did you get both discounts? Did the cashback show up quickly?

Clicking egg's link from:

brings up a unique home page!

I am allowed to buy through the education store and want the 5% cashback as well by paying with my egg money card.

Any help would be great.

2. assscat macrumors regular

Jul 29, 2005
    Looks to me as though the link takes you through to a specially branded egg-apple store. There's no link through to Apple's Edu store from that site, so my guess is that the egg cash-back is only going to be available from that particular egg-apple store.
  3. dcv macrumors G3

May 24, 2005
    I haven't bothered using the Egg-specific site before - just used the normal Apple Store and STILL got the instant cashback, so I'd guess you'll probably be okay to just order from the Edu store with your Egg Money card.
  4. kashimash macrumors newbie

Apr 18, 2006
    If you acces the education store from within your Universitys network you get an even bigger discount, about 20%, I took the quoted price and telephoned the educational store and told them about the egg discount which was added, bringing meaning I only had to pay £1250 for a 1.83 MacBook Pro with a 7200 rpm HD. I also managed to sell my Powerbook for £1100, so I only had to fork out another £150, plus about £80 for a 1gig stick of ram off eBay, Fresh!