Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heresiarch

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2012
Netherlands
Verzendklaar: 2 - 3 Weeks
Levert 21 Dec, 2012 - 02 Jan, 2013

I'm too lazy to translate but you should get it. :)

However I think I'll leave home for a week from the 20th, I hope they can deliver it later if I'm not at home...

Then I realised my Apple One-to-One was expiring Feb 2013 and I'd read somewhere you could only buy One-to-One when you buy a system. So I ordered another system, as above but with One-to-One, intending to cancel the first order.

Is the One to One worth it for you?

It's been invaluable. I'm in the process of moving a higgledy-piggledy network of a Windows Server 2003 system and a NAS drive coupled with various Windows XP and Windows 7 clients over to Apple.

I chose not to go the OS Server route, so at the same time I'm moving from a server-oriented offline synchronised approach to file sharing to what will probably be mainly iCloud sharing. Also trying to persuade SHMBO that an iPad is a good replacement for the Dell PC 90% of the time. And also getting into iPhones.

My migration mule was a 13-in MacBook Air and I've now added a Time Capsule in anticipation of the iMac arriving, and network backup is automatic.

As I'm quite close to the White City store I've been availing myself of lots of training. The 30/60 minute personal sessions aren't as useful as the group workshops where it's useful to see other people's problems and takes on the situation. Also the open sessions are good if you have a MacBook as you can work on your problem and just call a techie over when you hit a issue. Getting the MacBook and a Windows 7 PC talking to each other took a good half hour of on-the-spot support.

So it's excellent value for me, but also a great return for Apple as it means I'm encouraged to take the next step in the migration.

sjz88

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
I also ordered asap even though it took a little while longer because I found out I had a 2500€ limit on my credit card and the bill was 2640€.
But luckily I could produce someone working as a teacher so with the education discount I ended up paying 2330€ which was fine with my credit card. I was still the first person to oder one with my salesperson.
Delivery date is 27th - 3rd for the high-end 27" iMac. Country is Germany.

RNeon

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Ordered few seconds after the Order Button goes live on the German Store Page.

Dispatched: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers: 27 Dec, 2012 - 03 Jan, 2013 by Standard Shipping
Part Number: Z0MR

With the following configuration:
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad

One Question. How do i know if i have a Limit on my Credit Card. On wich point of the Order do Apple Check the Authorization of my Credit Card. Because the only think i´ve got is the EMail with that my Order is done!

sjz88

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Delivers: 27 Dec, 2012 - 03 Jan, 2013 by Standard Shipping
Part Number: Z0MR

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad

One Question. How do i know if i have a Limit on my Credit Card. On wich point of the Order do Apple Check the Authorization of my Credit Card. Because the only think i´ve got is the EMail with that my Order is done!

In that case you are fine. The authorisation didnt work when I tried to order. So if that worked for you you haven`t reached your limit.

RNeon

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
ok i see. they check my creditcard after i push the order button. cool.

unfortunatly at the german online store it was not possible to choose express delivery:(

David632

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Universities get a bigger discount (about 16% on Macs) compared with schools (about 6% I believe), and the HE (Higher Education) store orders include 3yrs repair warranty as standard. (Confusingly the HE store also offers an AppleCare upgrade, but this just buys an additional 2yrs phone support and costs less than full AppleCare).

Of course your Uni relatives would need to order for you (you need to be on the University network - probably ac.uk to access the HE store, or they can phone and need to give proof e.g. an ac.uk email address), and staff/students are limited in the number of Macs they can order each year. I also guess your relatives would need to deal with any repairs etc.

----------

I tried this and was told it was not possible (UK order).

Typical

Bintje

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
21 Dec, 2012 - 02 Jan here in The Netherlands for a 27 inch 3,4-GHz, 1TB Fusion drive and 680MX. Now we wait until they get my payment... I'm afraid that will cause some delay. But i've send the money with priority, we will see!

(btw, ordered 4,5 hours after the release)

Bintje

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Ordered about 6 hours after release which pushed me back by a week :eek:

Really? Thought I was late but is seems that only a few have the same dates. But between my dates are 2 weekends, 2 Christmas days and New Years day, so there won't be any delivery. Guess it will be somewhere between Christmas and New Year...

HazelLight197

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
Belgium
I ordered today on the Belgan Apple Online Store and got a 27 inch with delivery somewhere between 31 dec. and 7th of jan.
However I expect that it may come a week earlier. Isn't that the case with other new products aswel?

Anyway, I'm SUPAH exited! Long month ahead of me!:( heehee

I also ordered the companion 5 series speakers, maybe they'll deliver those first, but whatever; can't wait!

:D:D:D

iwannaimac

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2012
21st December - 2nd January Delivery in UK. Is there any chance of a delivery before the 21st or is it highly unlikely. I ordered it 30 minutes after it becoming avaliable in the UK???

rikscha

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
London
UK is EU, stupid thread title. Simply change it to Europe or EU but there is no separation between UK and EU.

I am so tired of this retarded thinking.

captjon

macrumors member
May 3, 2012
Dispatched: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers 31 Dec, 2012 - 07 Jan, 2013 Standard Service

• 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
• 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
• 1TB Fusion Drive
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Ordered Friday night from the education store.

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
Does anyone know how long apple can hold off asking for proof of student I'd?

Do they do it before shipping? Or can they ask like a month after?

UK is EU, stupid thread title. Simply change it to Europe or EU but there is no separation between UK and EU. I am so tired of this retarded thinking.

Reminds me of the ancient news item about severe fog in the English Channel, "Continent cut off by fog." :eek:

The UK might be part of the EU at the moment, but obviously the thread starter was trying to future-proof the thread for anyone reading it in 2014. :rolleyes:

Phils01

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
Hi, this is my first post on mac forums and this will be my first Mac

I ordered at about 0840am sitting in the library of my son's Uni and got a mega discount - logged on thru his uni network and I got the configuration below and delivery dates - I also got the 3 yr HE uplift AppleCare for £45. :):):)

I got the lot for the princely sum of £1540

27-inch iMac
Delivers: 27 Dec, 2012 - 28 Dec, 2012 by Standard Shipping

• 2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
• 1TB Fusion Drive
• NVIDIA GeForce GT 660MX 512MB GDDR5
• Apple Magic Mouse
• Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
• Accessory Kit

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Hi, this is my first post on mac forums and this will be my first Mac

I ordered at about 0840am sitting in the library of my son's Uni and got a mega discount - logged on thru his uni network and I got the configuration below and delivery dates - I also got the 3 yr HE uplift AppleCare for £45. :):):)

I got the lot for the princely sum of £1540

27-inch iMac
Delivers: 27 Dec, 2012 - 28 Dec, 2012 by Standard Shipping

• 2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
• 1TB Fusion Drive
• NVIDIA GeForce GT 660MX 512MB GDDR5
• Apple Magic Mouse
• Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
• Accessory Kit

Congrats on your first Mac! (I did similar with the Education discount too, used the girlfriend's younger brother's Uni details).

XionCore

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
27" i7 680MX 1TB Fusion, Germany, estimated 27.12-03.01.
Apple will quite randomly ask for proof of edu-discount eligibility just before shipping. But they´re very generous with that, even "It´s a present for a student" works.

Phils01

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
27" i7 680MX 1TB Fusion, Germany, estimated 27.12-03.01.
Apple will quite randomly ask for proof of edu-discount eligibility just before shipping. But they´re very generous with that, even "It´s a present for a student" works.

It's ok I ordered it in my son's name anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.